By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madworld not selling confirmed

What the hell happened to this thread?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

in the GameStop I got mine they didn't have it with the other Wii games for some reason, it was like under the counter stuff...

internet hype and actually purchase is real different

hype is just secluded in a specific community, so everyone else will probably be meh about it

Chrizum said:
shams said:
Lets give it time. I see people bagging out MadWorld sales, because of the potential damage that a successful "hardcore, violent" game on the Wii could do to the other consoles :P

I'll be quite surprised if, by the end of the year - MadWorld hasn't sold 1m (at least) worldwide.

Its probably shipped 100-150k already - and may have only needed to ship 100k to break even.

Oh, please don't go there. We all know Wii games are cheaper to develop for, but this is just ridiculous. It's a quality game. Quality games cost money to make. Now it seems you're just insulting Platinum Games.

500k would be good for Platinum Games and Sega. A million would be amazing.

Ok fair enough - 200k. A shipment of 100k *should* earn the publisher around $2m. 200k around $4m.

Did Madworld cost more than $4m to make? Single platform? Quite possibly - but I doubt it got anywhere near the $10m mark. If it did... I'll be more than happy to eat my words.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I leave this thread for one day, and now people are talking shit about Street Fighter 2010? Let me guess, you couldn't save the cyboplasm. That game's incredible.

Around the Network

Cheese it, it's Rubang!

the gamestop employees near my houe are diehard nintendo fans.  last time I stopped by, they were talking about beating the game and then discovering new things when playing it again

Madworld son, Madworld

Calibretto said:

the gamestop employees near my houe are diehard nintendo fans.  last time I stopped by, they were talking about beating the game and then discovering new things when playing it again

I wish my local GS was like that; the employees at the GS in my area are all disgruntled.

Go watch invisible walls. A guy claims that this game needs to sell 2-3 million to break even.

It's not the only hilarious thing he says. Go watch it for some good giggles.

N.Genckel said:
Go watch invisible walls. A guy claims that this game needs to sell 2-3 million to break even.

It's not the only hilarious thing he says. Go watch it for some good giggles.

That show on gametrailers? They also called Nintendo's strategy "short term", just because there were no major holiday games this season. Even when that was recored, who was doing the best out of the console developers?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs