By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EA refuses again to deny or confirm Mass effect 2 for PS3

ozsman said:
badgenome said:
Because the speculation generates buzz, maybe?

we have a winner !!!

It makes peps talk about it more= free advertizing. Man this is soooo old. Every other day a story about this pops up. Who cares if goes to another platform. Its an awesome game everybody should try it. If not buy a bloody 360.

lol... wouldnt people speculating it on another sytem damper sales? people would wait for it to come on their console and most likely lose intrest waiting after a while

Around the Network

i probably wont even get it if it comes out on ps3, not my type

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

And the plot thickens...

If you like of not the RPGs, WRPGs, it doesnt matter, this game is more like a TPS, an you should, at least, rent it.

I think ms knows what exclusives have and what not (mass effect vs ninja gaiden) mass effect have sold around 2.5 m, ninja gaiden less than 1, there is, i think, a good reason to have the exclusive.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Well, they are just building hype around it now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
ozsman said:
badgenome said:
Because the speculation generates buzz, maybe?

we have a winner !!!

It makes peps talk about it more= free advertizing. Man this is soooo old. Every other day a story about this pops up. Who cares if goes to another platform. Its an awesome game everybody should try it. If not buy a bloody 360.

lol... wouldnt people speculating it on another sytem damper sales? people would wait for it to come on their console and most likely lose intrest waiting after a while

If they let the speculation go on too long then that would probably happen, but this far from release I think they're in that phase where all press is good press.

Shura said:
If you like of not the RPGs, WRPGs, it doesnt matter, this game is more like a TPS, an you should, at least, rent it.

I think ms knows what exclusives have and what not (mass effect vs ninja gaiden) mass effect have sold around 2.5 m, ninja gaiden less than 1, there is, i think, a good reason to have the exclusive.

makes sense but microsoft is not the type of company that buys a franchise or as it seems FULL rights to a game(gears as of right now is only officially a 2 game deal), they seem to only care about Right-Now dollars(not long term) and thats why we see more and more of their published games going multiplatform. I mean they had at least 2-3 with in the year get ported to other systems. So regardless of how much they sold  I dont think Microsoft purchased all the rights to the game. But i wouldnt be surprised if they bought the timed exclusive(althou EA/Bioware could probably make alot more if they did a same day cross platform release)

Still waiting on a New Road Rash and Legend of Dragoon 2...

PS3 Trophies

SpartanFX said:

In a statement issued to VideoGamer.com today regarding their article yesterday(that said no PS3 version confirmed), publisher EA said: "There is no information on a PS3 version at this time."

http://www.videogamer.com//news/ea_no_info_on_ps3_mass_effect_2_at_this_time_2.html

why won't they just confirm that it is not coming to PS3?

Desperate aren't you. Can't you just leave it?

You, me and everyone else knows that they don't make statements like "No we definately are never going to release a PS3 version." When was the last time you read a statment that catergorically stated that a future release for a game was never going to happen period.

Please will you just drop it.

i dont get the buzz about this

the way the game is set up you need to play the first one to know whats going on in the second

whys everyone just want the second one?

if youre dyin for it, you can get a 360 used cheaper than a ds maybe

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

axumblade said:

They're just covering their own asses at the moment. They don't want to confirm it if it's a timed exclusive. Not saying it will be a timed exclusive or even that it's coming to the PS3. It's just in the off chance that they get to make it for the PS3, they don't want people to say they are lying. 

Three cheers for you :)

I wouldn't have wasted your time though explaining it to Spartan FX. He knows damn well the situation and likes to create flame bate.