By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmed: Mass Effect 2 not on PS3

Heading to Xbox 360 and PC early in 2010.

BioWare today officially announced Mass Effect 2, the sequel to the acclaimed sci-fi RPG Mass Effect.

"We're going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager and CEO, BioWare and General Manager and Vice President, EA. "Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG-shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no-holds-barred action."

In this dark second chapter, Saren's evil army of Geth soldiers has just been defeated, and humans, who are still struggling to make their mark on the galactic stage, are now faced with an even greater peril.

It's also been confirmed that the game is coming to Xbox 360 and PC in early 2010. The press release makes no mention of the PlayStation 3.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/confirmed_mass_effect_2_not_on_ps3.html

Official EA PR:
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – March 17th, 2009 – Leading video game developer BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today officially announced Mass Effect™ 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the multi award-winning 2007 hit, Mass Effect. The Mass Effect trilogy is a masterful science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life forms and mysterious uncharted planets. In this dark second chapter, Saren’s evil army of Geth soldiers has just been defeated, and humans, who are still struggling to make their mark on the galactic stage, are now faced with an even greater peril…

“We’re going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager and CEO, BioWare and General Manager and Vice President, EA. “Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG-shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no-holds-barred action.”

Mass Effect 2 is coming to PC and the Xbox 360 video game system in Early 2010. To see the exclusive new Mass Effect 2 teaser trailer check out the website here: www.masseffect.com.

Around the Network

Hahahahahaha

Xbox Gamertag: BrapRedHarvest PSN ID: Brap123

Old
whats the deal with Mass Effect anyways !! I hafe to pick it up someday

Nice to hear some more news on ME2.
But i need some more proof that it aint gonna be on PS3 also then just what some random guy says. Maybe if it was in what the actual spokesperson said id belive it... all shall be revealed soon though i suppose.

Ehm, it's not 'confirmed'.

It makes no mention of PS3. It probably isn't coming to the PS3, but it doesn't explicitly state that.

Around the Network

Well thats a shame. That is my most favorite game on the 360. Would have loved to play it on my favorite console. But I guess it was too much to expect this on the PS3, M$ would never have allowed that to happen.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

No mention of the PS3 =/= it not being on the console!

No mention ether way is not a conformation.

Quote from wiki
Mass Effect 2 would be available on "multiple platforms". It was later confirmed that Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game are planned, with no comment on any other platforms. This leaves open the possibility of a Playstation 3 release.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

DMeisterJ said:

It makes no mention of PS3. It probably isn't coming to the PS3, but it doesn't explicitly state that.

The PR says specifically PC/360 so yes.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – March 17th, 2009 – Leading video game developer BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today officially announced Mass Effect™ 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the multi award-winning 2007 hit, Mass Effect. The Mass Effect trilogy is a masterful science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life forms and mysterious uncharted planets. In this dark second chapter, Saren’s evil army of Geth soldiers has just been defeated, and humans, who are still struggling to make their mark on the galactic stage, are now faced with an even greater peril…

“We’re going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager and CEO, BioWare and General Manager and Vice President, EA. “Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG-shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no-holds-barred action.”

Mass Effect 2 is coming to PC and the Xbox 360 video game system in Early 2010. To see the exclusive new Mass Effect 2 teaser trailer check out the website here: www.masseffect.com.

KatinJin said:
DMeisterJ said:

The PR says specifically PC/360 so yes.

Until i hear the word "Exclusive" im still gonna think its Multiplat