By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS3 price drop coming march 22

As as painful as it is to the Sony loyalist , it has to be done .
YOU KNOW MICROSOFT IS SHITTING THERE PANTS AND PLANNING WITH A PRICE DROP OF ITS OWN NOW

Around the Network

It would actually be kinda funny, if Microsoft responded and started selling the 360 for 99 dollars :P

I wouldn't be surprisded at all since I've been saying it all along. Look at all the deals, promotions being offered by stores trying to push the PS3. The system just isn't moving despite some big games released recently. A price drop is really their only option at Sony in order to try and sell some more systems.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Im not suprised if a PS3 price drop is coming soon. There's been alot of free stuff giving away with a purchase of a PS3 worth over hundreds of dollars, and usually thats to compensate that there'll be having a price drop eventually.

Fact of the matter is everyone here is just guesstimating, no one has a clue about how much money Sony really are losing on each console sold thus people on this site ruling it is entirely is quite rich.

I personally do not see a $100 price cut coming all at once and see a $50 price cut now and one in September seems much more likely. If it does happen though I would not be surprised at all considering the amount of exclusives releasing this year. Sony might just gamble and say the $100 will be made up with software sales.

Only time will tell, not long to see if this one is correct as GDC is not far off.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Im not suprised if a PS3 price drop is coming soon. There's been alot of free stuff giving away with a purchase of a PS3 worth over hundreds of dollars, and usually thats to compensate that there'll be having a price drop eventually.

NOW i feel cheated !! not only am i NOT going to enjoy a price drop , but they are giving away FREE shii!!

tis true that true gamers suffer the most.

I'd say they could start "cleaning the channels" as soon as the next fiscal year kicks in. That would mean selling current PS3s on stores for around $50 less. I doubt it will happen anytime soon, maybe end of May and the actual $100 price cut on July.

RPG said:
Fact of the matter is everyone here is just guesstimating, no one has a clue about how much money Sony really are losing on each console sold thus people on this site ruling it is entirely is quite rich.

I personally do not see a $100 price cut coming all at once and see a $50 price cut now and one in September seems much more likely. If it does happen though I would not be surprised at all considering the amount of exclusives releasing this year. Sony might just gamble and say the $100 will be made up with software sales.

Only time will tell, not long to see if this one is correct as GDC is not far off.

very true

hmmm....so sudden probly not true but who knows.

A website from the Netherlands posts a rumor of a single EBgames employee telling a member of an obscure website, that he "heard something about" a price drop next week.

Price drop 100% confirmed!

Seriously. There are enough Gamestop/Best Buy/Walmat employees that are members of this website that we would have more evidence of a price drop next week than this.