By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS3 price drop coming march 22

PS3 has had a explosion of games lately...maybe then sent word of a pricecut or some type of reassurance to developers???

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Xxain said:
PS3 has had a explosion of games lately...maybe then sent word of a pricecut or some type of reassurance to developers???

You might be onto something there. Sony has a ton of exclusives and multiplatform games coming out over the next year. We also know that Sony make most of their profit on the PS3 through the software, stepping up the amount of software might be able to help Sony compensate for a price drop.

yea, I find it kind of strange that developers are all if sudden givin PS3 HUGE support, especially Namco Bandai

would be awesome if it happened but i think it will happen in the fall this could just be a sale for a limited amount of time just for KB toys which have all wen out of business were im from

Play Me

will only happen if the price cut is between $10 - $30.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I seriously doubt it. Seriously.

Around the Network
Killzowned said:
I seriously doubt it. Seriously.

you can't be serious?

Man, Sony fanboys are seriously in their own game world. What difference will this alleged price drop have in the long run? Sony will still be in 3rd place for years to come. Even weirder is the fanboys gloating over a year old game, NG 2, being refurbished for the PS3 while scoffing and villifying ME2 for not being released on PS3. And we all know which will be the better game. Ironically, alot of Sony fans dissed NG2 when it came out....LAST YEAR!

Even Dreamcast fans, like me, came to a truthful realization about the DC :)

What a wacko world we live in!

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd

DjFlex53 said:
Man, Sony fanboys are seriously in their own game world. What difference will this alleged price drop have in the long run? Sony will still be in 3rd place for years to come. Even weirder is the fanboys gloating over a year old game, NG 2, being refurbished for the PS3 while scoffing and villifying ME2 for not being released on PS3. And we all know which will be the better game. Ironically, alot of Sony fans dissed NG2 when it came out....LAST YEAR!

SEGA and SONY are to different beast, and why wouldn't a price drop have an affect??

I'm still happy with the $399 I paid for mine, I won't cry over a price drop. I will simply praise it and be happy for future PS3 owners =D

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

axumblade said:
DjFlex53 said:

1. Sony was ahead of Microsoft in system sales for the majority of last year when Microsoft did their price cut which led to them making a huge comeback.

2. The only thing that's surprising about the PS3 version of Ninja Gaiden II is the fact that Microsoft fanboys kept saying it would never happen since Ninja Gaiden II was published by Microsoft.

3. Nobody is scoffing at ME2, they are just saying that they think it will eventually come out on the PS3. EA like money and EA are behind the game. My thought on it is, wait until e3. If it's not announced there, then it won't be announced (unless it's a timed exclusive).

THANK YOU!!!, but only that: A price would convince more customers to buy the PS3, which would increase support from 3rd party, whichs means more time or perma exclusive, which means more profit for SONY