By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN suggests buying the 360 version of RE5 over PS3

@xgamer

same reason why ppl still bought SF4 on 360 even tho the ps3 pad is better for fighting games?

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
@xgamer

same reason why ppl still bought SF4 on 360 even tho the ps3 pad is better for fighting games?

I bought the 360 version of SFIV knoing it had a terrible D-Pad but I also bought it knowing I would get a Mad Catz fightpad.  :-p

Nothing wrong with that. They've played both versions to completion, and noticed that the 360 version ran a little bit smoother. They're not hating on the PS3 version--it's their job as critics to let us know which version is better. If you have the option of both of them, and with all other things being equal (like friend lists), then why shouldn't they recommend the version that runs a bit better?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

how about not getting the game at all !? RE5 is an insult to all previous REs, even Deadly silence.

The giveaway to me was the install time and the 5gb space. I don't have anymore space on my original 60gb ps3. I know I know a lot of people are gonna tell me go upgrade your hard drive it's so easy and cheap but the thing is I don't have lots of cash right now. Why can't this stupid developers stop with the installing game stuff on the ps3. Killzone, Resistance, LBP and etc. are just the prime example if a developer put more time to it installation on the ps3 will not be needed.

Around the Network

From what I've seen PS3 version looks a tad better, but no installs + better framerate on X360 = win.

It's funny how some people deny cold hard facts. I'll just pretend Xbox 360 is the number 1 selling console this gen. Nobody is gonna tell me otherwise.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Im just happy to enjoy this amazing game on my PS3 =)

I've only played the demo but... the game was soooo slow that I don't understand how they can tell framerate is better on one than on the other. Real mistery.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

PS3 version has some frame dips, the 360 version has screen tearing. Buy which ever one you want. I'll buy the PS3 version because it was easier to use the knife with the PS3 controller.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.