By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN suggests buying the 360 version of RE5 over PS3

rare?

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ God_of_War

PS3 has a crisper picture, but nothing huge...

You have both versions, right? And you compared them? That's weird because on the comparison shots (from Eurogamer, I think), the PS3 verison looked a little blurry compared to the 360 version. But the game itself doesn't look blurry at all, it definately looks crisper than it does in those shots.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Squilliam

Having both, I can tell you the PS3's picture is crisper

Probably looks crisper because its more blurred, I hope that makes sense to you.

Tease.

The_God_of_War said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ God_of_War

PS3 has a crisper picture, but nothing huge...

You have both versions, right? And you compared them? That's weird because on the comparison shots (from Eurogamer, I think), the PS3 verison looked a little blurry compared to the 360 version. But the game itself doesn't look blurry at all, it definately looks crisper than it does in those shots.

RE5 PS3 looks nothing like the white filter eurogamer threw at the screenshots.  It has crisper textures and softer edges compared to the X360 version.

After seeing both, (only for like an hour each) I agree with both IGN and Eurogamer.

Dont know why anyone would want the game though. It's atrocius. The controls are from 1940. It's horrible to play. Oh how RE lost it's greatness. Graphics fairly good. Gameplay oh dear. First they get rid of fear factor with RE4 then they keep old horrible slow controls for RE5.

Around the Network

I bought the PS3 version cause I want to play the game Online with my Cousin and he only has a PS3.

But even then, I probably would have gotten the PS3 version for controller preference.

demacII said:
How big is the PS3 install? I assume the 360 version is 6 gigs or so. 360 installs are a must for me, sensitive ears. :)

4.8GB

@ CGI,,

RE5 Ps3 Textures > RE5 Textures 360 ???

then the 360 ones are super ugly,,, cause upclose and in some places , the ps3 ones are almost PS2 quality to my shocking dissapointment

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

in a game like this the friends, controller and price should make the verdict... cause they are fairly the same by what i could figured out!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

they are the same for all intents and purposes. I will be buying the 360 version because thats the only console i have ATM and also even if i did have a PS3 i would get the 360 version for one simple reason, ACHIEVEMENTS! but oustide of that its the same

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!