By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Arc Rise Fantasia - a ton of new screens and scans

This game looks worse every time I see it. Seriously, it looks like it runs on the Mario Party 8 engine.

Around the Network

Screens look interested, but why do Wii RPG's all seem to have worse graphics than Symphonia?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Screens look interested, but why do Wii RPG's all seem to have worse graphics than Symphonia?

Chrizum said:
This game looks worse every time I see it. Seriously, it looks like it runs on the Mario Party 8 engine.

Tales of Symphonia 2 had pretty crappy graphics too.  Honestly, this game pretty good when they're showing shots of the scenery but as soon as they show the character models it goes way downhill.

2005 PS2:

2009 Wii:

Looks like there is an arena, a guild and a library in this game.

Also, so people excited about the 4 player party, if you look at the screen shot again, you will notice the fourth character is a guest character. Just so you don't get to excited.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Soriku said:

Before you guys start calling the graphics bad, please look at the last trailer.

Looks even better when you go to the link and watch it in HQ.

Why would a trailer totally comprised of cutscenes convince people that the gameplay screenshots are just bad examples of the graphics?  Do you have a video of the actual gameplay in motion?

Around the Network

I'm buying it.

You're absolutely right, if someone was badmouthing FFXIII gameplay screenshots and then you came in and showed a trailer with only cutscenes it would be the exact same situation and again would prove nothing.

Yes, all games look better in motion, goes without saying and this is no exception. The videos from the battles look good, though I'm not liking the character designs that make them all look like they're out of an anime for girls.

Torillian said:
You're absolutely right, if someone was badmouthing FFXIII gameplay screenshots and then you came in and showed a trailer with only cutscenes it would be the exact same situation and again would prove nothing.

Yes, all games look better in motion, goes without saying and this is no exception. The videos from the battles look good, though I'm not liking the character designs that make them all look like they're out of an anime for girls.

If you look at the screens, the environments and effects look nice, but it's the character that look bad. And it's the same in the trailer.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

MANUELF said:
The battle system is turn based but the characters move like in a Tales game?

Like Grandia?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
MANUELF said:
The battle system is turn based but the characters move like in a Tales game?

Like Grandia?

I don't know, I haven't played that game.