By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA Chinatown Wars > GTA4

1337 Gamer said:
nope GTAIV is better console controls and pretty visuals kill chinatown wars

The controls are fine in chinatown wars (I haven't had a problem yet).  It has also has a neat style to it that I find more appealing than GTA IV's.  The cel shading is great, and the perspective is a perfect blend of the new 3d games and the classic overhead view.  The game is actually quite breathtaking, especially consindering it's on DS.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network
FreeTalkLive said:
MANUELF said:
Avalach21 said:
MANUELF said:
Have you already played the game?

yes

How?

An insider released it online so maybe Avalach21 DLed an illegal ROM?  I think some stores broke the release date, also.

Me?  Illegal?  ya rite

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
1337 Gamer said:
nope GTAIV is better console controls and pretty visuals kill chinatown wars

I haven't played GTA Chinatown Wars yet but the controls of GTA 4 could use a lot of work.  I liked the controls much better in GTA 3.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I've played it also. Fantastic game. It fully understands it's on a handheld so missions are mere minutes so saves can be frequent. The driving is much improved and feels very similiar to older NES RC racing type games. The on foot is a bit worse than GTA IV however, but you'll spend much more time in a car. So far I've encountered driving taxis and picking up fares in them, picking up patients in ambulances, catching criminals in cop cars, racing in sports cars, buying scratch off lottery tickets for big money prizes, and the main plot involving you helping out three different heirs to a crime lord's empire. It feels more open ended than GTA IV believe it or not.

Also the visuals are the single most impressive thing in the history of the DS. The world is practically as large as GTA IV is. The game does feel a bit more fun. I'm 6.8% through the game and I truly feel like I havent scratched the surface. I'll keep you informed, but please do get this game. It's a gem.

Edit: I forgot the best part. There's a fully working economic system around buying and selling drugs around Liberty City. It works similiar to the property buying system in Fable II. Also the game has many DS specific features like three different ways to hotwiring cars all built around the touch screen interface.

Double Edit: I forgot to mention that buying property is back. I haven't been able to afford any additional apartments but they are there to buy.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

what are you seriouS? GTA IV is a billion times better than chinatown wars....

and yes tetris is fun but its gets boring really fast while gta iv does not imo

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

Around the Network
aher052 said:

Tetris gets boring really fast? I've been playing Tetris for 20 years and it's still timeless. Speak for yourself.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

De85 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
stof said:
It definitely looks like more fun. But of course based on fun alone, Tetris is a better game than GTA 4

sometimes I think I'm the only person on this planet who always found Tetris absolutely B-O-R-I-N-G.....oh and Pac Man's worse!

I'm with you 100% on this, I never found it fun. 

I haven't played GTA4 yet so I can't comment about that one.

I agree. Lumines was more fun for me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Onyxmeth said:
aher052 said:

Tetris gets boring really fast? I've been playing Tetris for 20 years and it's still timeless. Speak for yourself.

Even though I think Tetris is the best game ever and aher052 has a serious taste issue for thinking Tetris is boring, he was speaking for himself.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
Onyxmeth said:
aher052 said:

Even though I think Tetris is the best game ever and aher052 has a serious taste issue for thinking Tetris is boring, he was speaking for himself.

Good point. You are astute and all knowing in these matters. I bow to your wisdom.

^ hehe thats why i said imo....

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month