By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Rune Factory Frontier Thread of country life and monster slavery

So, any idea who won the giveaway contest?

Around the Network

So no one knows where to get high-level magic crystals? How about a more reliable place to get them in the first place? Because those fire/iceball monsters only drop two or three of them per day...

/me is enjoying the game.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I didn't even know you owned a Wii MrBubbles. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, though!

....do you know where to get high-level magic crystals?

noname2200 said:
I didn't even know you owned a Wii MrBubbles. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, though!

....do you know where to get high-level magic crystals?

no, im only on my first summer even.

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

ok...i am having issues in the lava ruins. i seem to die fast. ive got the best items i can make and an ice hammer. even when i take an animal in it gets owned quickly as well.
any suggestions?

MrBubbles said:
ok...i am having issues in the lava ruins. i seem to die fast. ive got the best items i can make and an ice hammer. even when i take an animal in it gets owned quickly as well.
any suggestions?

First off, what items are those? Also, what level are you at?

i have
level 1 scimitar
level 1 poison spear
level 3 Ice Hammer [clearly my main weapon ]
level 1 wind rod
level 1 Cat Ears
level 3 Neck Towel
level 4 Crest
level 4 Silver Ring

i am level 27.
attack 32
def 161
magic 143
Weapons: 36
Magic: 17
Farming: 36
Lumber: 30
Hammer: 33
Fishing: 29
Cooking: 85 (yeah...i cook a lot...)
Lab: 13
Forge: 23
Craft: 17

i have the 1 upgrade on the forge...i saw the second craft and weapons books at the library...they were expensive. why this dumb b**** thinks its ok to sell the towns books is beyond me. i should be able to just check them out. i dont know if i would even have materials to make things in them even.

i can do the first level of the lava ruins ok, but after that....issues arise....

I was pretty low level when I went to the lava ruins and the one thing that helped the most at the time was the tamed silver wolf.

Your stats look like they should be enough, but I'm guessing the golems and fireballs are the main ones killing you?

The easiest way to get past that floor is use hit-and-run tactics against the mini-golems, as their attacks have large cool-down times, enough to get one (but only one!) attack in. The fireballs are trickier: they don't take as long to charge up OR cool down, so what I often wound up doing was playing bait while my pet did all the hard work: stay at a distance from the monster, but at the opposite angle as your pet. They keep attacking you, letting your pet attack THEM.

Are there any other monsters in particular that are troubling you? The mages or scorpions, for example?