By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Rune Factory Frontier Thread of country life and monster slavery

Do any of you know where I can find a high-level Magic Crystal? I think level 2 is the highest I've ever seen, and I'm at my wit's end trying to find a better version.

Around the Network
DKII said:
Got held up in copy-editing so sorry for the delay, but the review is live here:
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3341

I've also got a special treat coming up on Monday if you've been wanting this game but haven't picked it up yet!

can i have it pweeeeeese. i have no money, so i can't buy any games right now, and for the forseeable future.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

I don't even know what monster drop magic crystal. :(
I think I got one once from the mages at Lava ruins, but no luck since. I thought I might find some at the snow ruins, but going too deep in there is REALLY hard. I mean, my armor is pretty decent and I'm level 52, but if I don't take enough food with me, I'm toast. The dungeons in this game are quite hard...maybe I'm supposed to explore the tower in whale island first, lol XD

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Hyperion said:
I don't even know what monster drop magic crystal. :(
I think I got one once from the mages at Lava ruins, but no luck since. I thought I might find some at the snow ruins, but going too deep in there is REALLY hard. I mean, my armor is pretty decent and I'm level 52, but if I don't take enough food with me, I'm toast. The dungeons in this game are quite hard...maybe I'm supposed to explore the tower in whale island first, lol XD

What armor are you using? It sounds like you and dib8rman are both just underequipped, since once you have access to gold your defense should be over 300 easily (and I've already beaten the main plot at level 44).

Oops I only now found out that greenifier leveled crops... the translation didn't mention that :/

I think I'm real slow with this game, about 60 hours in and still at lava ruins with the whale island story just getting started.

Around the Network
alekth said:
Oops I only now found out that greenifier leveled crops... the translation didn't mention that :/

I think I'm real slow with this game, about 60 hours in and still at lava ruins with the whale island story just getting started.

That just means you're taking your time and savoring everything. It's a good thing really.

Hey all,

Don't miss out on an opportunity to pick up this game completely free from VGChartz: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3346

If you want Avalon Code for the DS, we are giving that away as well!

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Great thread. I've read just about every post and it's been pretty helpful.

Two questions (or three...):
Do you get anything for re-beating dungeon bosses (like the giant chicken in the Green Ruins)? And do they always come back stronger everytime you beat them?

And what's up with the whole bathouse coversation thing, like, why does hearing those conversations not seem to restore RP all the way?

Mr. Nice said:
Great thread. I've read just about every post and it's been pretty helpful.

Two questions (or three...):
Do you get anything for re-beating dungeon bosses (like the giant chicken in the Green Ruins)? And do they always come back stronger everytime you beat them?

And what's up with the whole bathouse coversation thing, like, why does hearing those conversations not seem to restore RP all the way?

When you defeat the boss again, you get the same array of items that you got the first time, but some of them are at a higher level than before. Since your level 30 pet can handle the Green Ruins boss by itself with little problem, I  basically use that room to get free gemstones (which are otherwise impossible to find).

The bosses only get stronger after the first time; they remain the same after that. Mind you, the first jump is a big jump, especially for later bosses...

As for those conversations, they're mostly to add a bit of humor and flavor. I'm not completely sure why Raguna faints after each one of them, unless the localizers really tamed most of them down, but I think the idea behind Selphie's at the least is pretty clear. And if that's the case, one can come up with reasons why RP didn't completely refill...

loadedstatement said:
Hey all,

Don't miss out on an opportunity to pick up this game completely free from VGChartz: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3346

If you want Avalon Code for the DS, we are giving that away as well!

Thanks for the reminder! I'm aiming for Avalon Code, but in the unlikely event that I get Rune Factory, I'd be happy to give it to other worthy hands.

I see, so doing so may get you more items, and bosses will always return. Thanks.

By the way, the music in this game is much better than what I'd have ever personally anticipated. I don't know why, but it just seems like a lot of effort was put into all of the different tracks to match every situation, more so than a lot of games today.