By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LocoRoco on PS3 - No tilt control? What the ...

"What about motion control?

"The one thing we never did during my demo was use the Sixaxis to tilt the entire game world. That is what you would have expected, had you played the PSP original.

"Instead, we moved the butterfly over various objects and tried to tilt them. For example, in this post’s big screenshot, do you see that big red flower? If we hovered over that with the butterfly it might have caused the flower to spin, the petals to fall off and a few hidden LocoRocos to be uncovered. See those two guys standing above the cog wheel? Hovering over them and shaking the Sixaxis left and right might cause them to raise and lower the handlebar between them in order to make that wheel turn.

"Now that I think of it, we played “LocoRoco CocoReccho” almost as if it was an old-school point-and-click adventure game. We used the butterfly as a mouse pointer and utilized shakes of the Sixaxis controller in place of probing mouse clicks. We wanted to see what happened and kept trying to meddle with different parts of the scenery."

Full article:
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/08/31/mixed-motions-how-locoroco-on-ps3-takes-unexpected-twists/

That's just ... odd. After I played the PSP game and heard they were making a LocoRoco for the PS3, I thought it was a match made in heaven. LocoRoco + SixAxis = Duh! I guess I was wrong ...

Edit:

To add to it, eurogamer is saying that LocoRoco is nothing more than an interactive screensaver.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82514

"Sony has revealed that LocoRoco Cocoreccho! on PS3 won't be a game, but an interactive screensaver with which you can interact. Interactively.

Once you've sat looking at your telly for long enough the experience will begin, putting you in control of a little butterfly who has to wake the singing LocoRoco up. When they do, you'll have to guide them around the level, tilting branches and other platforms using the motion-sensing Sixaxis controller."

I wanted this to be like the PSP version. Seems like they're taking it in a completely different direction

Around the Network

Odd...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

TBH

the tilt would be uncomfortable n annoying to use

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

It'll be annoying a little to have tilt, basicly everytime you move the controller the world will move with it. They should have an option though.

mM

Bad Sony, Locoroco on the PSP is great, and adding motion control to this game shouldn't be to difficult(you just tilt and jump) the rest you can do it with one buttom. D'oh!

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Around the Network

Sony apparently doesn't know what the LocoRoco players want.

1. Loco Roco
2. No SIXAXIS
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I figured the game was built around the motion. I figured it'd be too boring without motion...

Also, nice Castle Crasher gifs Dolla Dolla.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

thats pretty dissapointing ...... although. really how long was this annouced ago and the fact it coming like next week.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.