By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KZ2 second week sales over 300k!!

dbot said:
Good, that means 300k people that have less experience in the mp than me. Maybe I can fix my kill to death ratio.

sorrie for ruining ur kill to death ratio??

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
I don't think you can compare KZ2 to COD:WaW. First of all Killzone 2 was in development back with COD3. Treyarch made a whole new game and it still came out before KZ2. That is a lot of money spent on KZ2 in that time. I think the sales sould resemble something like the first Gears of War if you want to call them good.

So all games should sell at the same ratio with their development costs?

well KZ2 has reached 1 million.

Now if we follow Cod:WaW (considering atm it has very similar sales), and KZ2 has the legs, 3 Million is very much on the cards for the game, and it'll need it. The _rumored cost_ of KZ2 means they'll need possibly as much as 2.5 million sales to break even if those costs are remotely close.

So one or two million more before it get profitable?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

starcraft said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Fei-Hung

Not too sure, once I heard 800,000, another time it was 2.5mill. Let the speculation begin :D

I don't think it's 2.5 million.

But with marketing it is definitely well up towards that end of the spectrum.

Either way, it is evident this title will not make much money for Sony.

lol.  The Anti-KZ2 trolls can't handle the fact that it's an exceptionally well rated game, and it's selling on par with CoD: WaW, the barometer for shooters (sales) on the PS3. 

You don't work at GG, never have, and thank god, never will, so you have no idea how much the game costs.  At all.  So please stop with the trolling.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
1 Million Baby!!!!

Uncharted Baby!!!

Wait, wrong thread.

LBP will be huge!!!

Sorry...

KZ2 1 Mil Baby!!!!  Haterz eat crow!

If we take the rumoured costs of 70 million dollars (I hope it wasn't euros). And take the 37 dollars publishers+developers make on a game (a number which I picked up somewhere on this site). Then 70 million / 37 = 1,9 million to break even. But Sony does charge more for their games then other publishers do (at least in the Netherlands) and the Euro is strong against the dollars. So they would probably need less than 1,9 million and they've already given a preorder number of 1,1 million for Europe. So they must have made money on it already. QED

Check this out.

People think this isn't that good or that it is "expected".

The fact that it is selling on par with CoD: W@W is a great sign.
The fact that it is selling on par with CoD: W@W despite releasing in February as opposed to the holiday season is an even greater sign.

Also if I am not mistaken MGS4 costs upwards of 60M right? They said in order for the game to break even they needed to sell around 1M first week.

Wouldn't this mean KZ2 is most definitely going to turn a profit?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Check this out.

The fact that it is selling on par with CoD: W@W despite releasing in February as opposed to the holiday season is an even greater sign.

Also if I am not mistaken MGS4 costs upwards of 60M right? They said in order for the game to break even they needed to sell around 1M first week.

plus these are only sales numbers

blackstar said:
Euphoria14 said:
Check this out.

plus these are only sales numbers

Exactly!

Odds are that even with these ridiculous speculations about dev cost and advertising, of which they have no damn clue to begin with, the game most likely already brought in profit.

We have a little too much of this lately when it comes to Killzone 2 discussions.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!