By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 In Europe...Where to from here?

LOL

Around the Network

^^ I took the time to spell your name right, if thats to much work for you just quote me, looks like you lost the limbo contest, or just did´t care for that avatar much :)

lol...your funny..my name is simple TA-KA-SHII....yours is...well...IDK....but anyway I didn't its just me and killerman had the same avatar and I wanted a different one away.

rocketpig said:

But, if Sony drops the Euro price when they release Singstar, MS could have some problems.

Singstar probably will be a big hit here in Europe but it I don't think that it could become a real system seller...people will just continue to buy it for PS2: what's the point of spending 500-600€ for a game that's basically the same on PS2? moreover you have to consider that's not a game for "hardcore gamers": who's the casual gamer that's gonna spend 500/600€ for Singstar?

To me it's just like guitar hero for x360: a huge hit but not a system seller (if you ALREADY have a x360 you can buy GH, but you won't spend 400€ to play it when you can spend just the price of the game and play basically the same game on your old PS2).

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

dallas said:
yeah i agree about the singstar comment....Sony is planning on a regional distribution for Singstar, they want to release regional/country specific songs for each singstar game not just american songs in japan/england/france etc so it could be a big big big title just from the local appeal aspect

This is already done on the PS2 and that is a lot cheaper...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

i see it beating ps3 for a while after halo 3 etc, rest of year about even.

This point all comes down to sony

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Yeah Halo 3 will be a huge boost, Bioshock will do it good too. Price cut here (UK) also sees release of Elite model at old Premium price (£299). Core will be at £179 (price of a Wii) and this is likely to generate more interest from gamers.

New models with HDMI, newer chips/boards etc not expected until later this year or maybe next, likely to see some very good deals/bundles come christmas.

Sony has not price cut here!! I'm not sure they will soon either but they need to, lack of games/cost really hurting them now.

Strangely, I think Halo Wars might have more of an effect than Halo in the EU (excluding UK, where Xbox 360 is already doing very well). If MS can spring a RTS game that actually functions well on a console, that would be a big seller over there.

But I agree that some of the lesser known titles will really determine the fate of the 360 in Europe more than Halo. Lost Odyssey, in particular, could have an impact if the game turns out well and is marketed effectively.

I think if Microsoft has a 50$ price cut WW at the end of October it will take off the holiday season

Still using the Singastar sells $500 consoles people phrase? Cmon...