By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 In Europe...Where to from here?

The Europe/others chart this week saw the Xbox 360 get a solid 25-30% hardware sales increase over last week, up to 32000.  This is on the strength of a price cut and a few days of bioshock sales.  Where do you see the 360 going in Europe for the remainder of this year? What games do you think will shift systems for the console?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

^^If Sony drop PS3 EU price i think that PS3 will outsell X360(and wii will of course outsell X360) quite large margin by end of the year but if Sony doesn't drop price i think it is almost even.

I agree that a Sony price drop would hurt MS, unless of course they deliver on the anticipated 2nd 2007 drop. But im also interested in what games ppl think will push 360's in Europe. Halo is big there, but far from huge. Bioshock has proven MASSIVELY popular in england and Australia at least

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

KillerMan said:
^^If Sony drop PS3 EU price i think that PS3 will outsell X360(and wii of course) quite large margin by end of the year but if Sony doesn't drop price i think it is almost even.

i lol'd

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

nah i'm sorry killerman, ps3 ain't going to beat either US or EU weekly sales from the 360/wii for the rest of the year, period.

360 -> halo, k.
wii-> = wii

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

I think non-UK gamers will start buying the 360 in larger numbers once they start hearing more about Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, etc. Those games are more in line with non-UK European gaming. Only the US, UK, and Australia like FPS offerings in large numbers.

But, if Sony drops the Euro price when they release Singstar, MS could have some problems.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

no I don't agree. Microsoft is in a good position right now. Just one more price cut and its a beauty for them.

^^ Sorry. I meant that Wii will of course outsell X360. I didn't mean that PS3 will outsell Wii.

yeah i agree about the singstar comment....Sony is planning on a regional distribution for Singstar, they want to release regional/country specific songs for each singstar game not just american songs in japan/england/france etc so it could be a big big big title just from the local appeal aspect

@ Takashii and Killerman: One of you two needs to change his avatar fast, I´d say old fashion thumbwrestling....to the death....or if you both want to live: Limbo, Kingston rules :)