By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu hardware and software sales (3/2 - 3/8)

Last week,PSP has lauched new colour, it's the reason why the number decreased last few weeks.
And DSi will get its new colour soon, so the number decrease this week

Around the Network

Good on you resi evil 5

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The nice sales of Valkyria Chronicles make up for the bad legs of Yakuza 3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Bad legs for yakuza might be good for us. If sega is not happy with sales on home turf they might do fast translation to release it in other regions :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Good numbers all around.

Last week Famitsu numbers diverged from VGC, wich diverged from Media's Create (about 1k units less to PS3 if I rember correctly) so it means a little diference here and there in the final count.

Good going Sony, Nintendo is ok, MS just tryig to keep its legs with multiplats. Next week should be a true indicator of how things stand after these past big hits are mostly thru.

Zlejedi said:
Bad legs for yakuza might be good for us. If sega is not happy with sales on home turf they might do fast translation to release it in other regions :D

Or if it doesn't sell well, it's a indicator that game doesn't have much appeal to the gamers that it is targeted at much less the universal appeal needed to succeed in the west.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Euphoria14 said:
outlawauron said:
Euphoria14 said:
Star Scream said:
Euphoria14 said:
Star Scream said:
The BEST edition of Valkyria Chronicles sold 4,700 last week, Demon's Souls sold another 6,200 copies.

Those are some legs on Demon's Souls.

Game should be around 100k by now right?

28.デモンズソウル 6200 83000

83,000 on Famitsu chart, and 10k or so higher on the MC.

Do we have any way of tracking Asian sales for this game (English version)? If so, do we count them here?

I know for a fact that it gets regularly stocked at sites like PlayAsia and sell out almost instantly.

This game is doing very well for itself.

I would think that it's included, but I'm not entirely sure.

I just wasn't sure what territories Famitsu, Dengeki and MC cover. I figured that going by how fast the Asian copies vanish at online sites they could be responsible for the legs we are seeing.

Asian sales aren't included in Japanese charts, these are Japanese sales only. GfK now track software sales in Hong Kong, and will extend this to other Asian countries, but I haven't seen a public chart from them.

Not much data from Asian region, but to get an idea of how much PS3 games sell there compared to Japan we have GT5:P shipments for Asia at 90k compared to 620k in Japan, so 15% of Japan sales. Of course certain games will be more popular in one country than another, but 15% is probably a good rule of thumb.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Ps3 > Wii + 360
psp > everyone (not combined obviously)

Awesome. Yakuza 3 is holding up well.. now hurry up and port it ! i don't wanna wait 2 years for it :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Why is PSP so high? Are new colors and/or bundles confirmed?

Great numbers for Sony... enjoy it while it lasts.

Wii hanging tough with no compelling software.