By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Venture Brothers

Ok I don't make too many pointless Off Topic threads but I was wondering what kind of TV people watched and I remembered I haven't watched the Venture Brothers in a long while now.

A quick synopsis of the show is that Doctor Thadeus Venture (aka "Doc") the son of a once great (but now deceased) inventor is a complete and utter failure when it comes to following in his father's superscience footsteps. However living on the wealth of his father's fortunes he and his two sons Hank & Dean (who are the "Venture Brothers") live on "The Venture Compound" with their legendary and extremely deadly body guard Brock Sampson (Who happens to be the only main character who has any skills worth mentioning). The show is made all the better but the forgetful Master Necromancer who rents out space on the Venture Compound somewhere in the first season. Oh and just like the Ventures I will mention as an afterthougt that they have a sweet robot named H.E.L.P.E.R. who is sort of like the boy's nanny...but that won't make any sense until you watch the show (seriously go watch it).

In general the show is a huge satire and ripoff of the Johny Quest series as well as a number of other shows. If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor and try to catch it on cartoon network's adult swim. Or if you really want to buy the DVD set for the first season (totally worth it). Whatever you do I strongly advise seeing it from the beginning as the show has huge amounts of buildup and backstory is very consistent with past events and holding to the story without contradiction.

If you are like me you will find yourself doubting that there is an underlying story and probably not caring too much anyways until suddenly around the end of season 1 and especially season 2 you realize that not only is there plot but there is probably one of the best plots ever! Seriously I command you to watch this show..you will thank me when you're...uhm older..yeah or something...

Edit: PS - Damn it, now I have to go watch it all over....OH DARN!!! /sarcasm.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

there's no word in english or german to describe the first two episodes of season 2, but in spanish, they'd call them 'impresivo'

You Spoony Bard!

and also...

GO TEAM VENTURE!

You Spoony Bard!

venture brothers is good... any tv show where the evil and good are so inept is.

however,

good news everyone!

You've watched it now you can't unwatch it!

The Vegas odds tonight stand at an unprecedented 1000 to 0. A bet of zero dollars on Bender pays 1000 dollars if he wins. Still, very few takers.

Bite my glorious golden ass!

Futurama is brought to you by: Glagnar's Human Rinds - It's a buncha, muncha, cruncha... human.

Well, thanks to the Internet, I'm now bored with sex.

Hey. Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Morbo forget how you spell that letter that looks like a man wearing a hat. Hello, tiny man. I will destroy you!

Dirt doesn't need luck.

Sweet zombie Jesus!

Most video tapes were damaged in 2047 during the second coming of Jesus.

Futurama returns in november

Futurama forever

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Ah good old adult swim. Personally i like Robot Chicken.

Grand Theft Mario: one of their best... 

Around the Network

I love the venture brothers I am a big fan of the show.  The venture brothers are like a cross between johnny quest and the hardy boys. 

That robot chicken video of mario reminded me of Rise of The Mushroom Kingdom for some reason.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

I love Venture Brothers. I'm glad there's others out there. My friends and I quote it all the time.

Do not eat that! That is a poisonous, magic pie!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The other two parts

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

And how!

To Each Man, Responsibility

Venture Brothers is the best show on TV.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck