By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It's 2009... What's your favorite album of the decade?

Oh man. Nothing really stands out. I guess The Killers, can't name an album, but they've been solid.

Around the Network

hmm in no particualar order...

Phobia - Breaking Benjamin
Doomsday Machine - Arch Enemy
The Long Road - Nickelback
Riot - Paramore
All We Know Is Falling - Paramore
The Fall Of Ideals - All That Remains
The Curse - Atreyu
Flyleaf - Flyeaf
City Of Evil - Avenged Sevenfold
Let Go - Avril Lavigne
Fallen - Evanescence
Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park
Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
Karmacode - Lacuna Coil
Dark Passion Play - Nightwish
The Heart Of Everything - Within Temptation

Howvere if i had to pick one...
Hybrid Theory

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Avalach21 said:

every other music thread i've stepped into on this site, i've immediately left, but i'm surprised by some of what I've heard thus far, with Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Arcade Fire, Bjork, Flaming Lips, Postal Service, Wilco, Aphex Twin, Sufjan Stevens. It's nice to see that there are some people with some sort of musical taste on this site!

By "some sort of musical taste" what you really mean is your sort of musical tastes right, which basically amounts to popular university bands.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Avalach21 said:

every other music thread i've stepped into on this site, i've immediately left, but i'm surprised by some of what I've heard thus far, with Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Arcade Fire, Bjork, Flaming Lips, Postal Service, Wilco, Aphex Twin, Sufjan Stevens. It's nice to see that there are some people with some sort of musical taste on this site!

By "some sort of musical taste" what you really mean is your sort of musical tastes right, which basically amounts to popular university bands.

Not in the least.  A vast majority of people on my campus do not like any of the bands I listed.  I just mentioned bands that other posters in this thread mentioned, and those that I mentioned are musicians that may require a bit of going out of your comfort zone, or a bit of taking an initiative to truly explore what music is out there, rather than just going with the flow and liking what everyone else likes, or what is already regarded as "good music."  I find that they have good taste, and I feel that what I regard as "good taste" is most rewarding, as it allows you to appreciate what music you truly enjoy, rather than what you think everyone else thinks you should enjoy.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Motorhead - Inferno
Anthrax - We've Come for You All
Ko Otani - Roar of the Earth

Around the Network

In the Zone Britney spears

Some heavy metal album, that's the only modern music I like. Probably an album by Amorphis, but the 00's decade has been weak for metal.

Easy.

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

I drink your milkshake.

Appeal To Reason - Rise Against (2008)

A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay (2002)

By the Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers (2002)

I thoroughly enjoyed:

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam (My top one)
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Pearl Jam - Binaural
Muse - Origin of Symmetry