By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It's 2009... What's your favorite album of the decade?

Antony & The Johnsons: I Am A Bird Now
Arcade Fire: Neon Bible
Erykah Badu: Mama's Gun
Björk: Vespertine
Fleet Foxes: Fleet Foxes*
Fleet Foxes: Sun Giant* (EP with original version of Mykonos)
Interpol: Antics
M.I.A.: Arular
Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
The Notwist: Neon Golden (honorable patriotic mention only, as this good album pales in comparison to their brilliant album Shrink from 1998)

*Yes go on, Mr. Beauchamp, and call me a lame ass, but can you ban a person who loves Bacharach/David, Captain & Tenille, The Carpenters, huh?

Disappointments of the decade in my opinion: UK & Ireland (except Kate Bush's new album in 2005 after 12 year of absence, M.I.A., Radiohead, and a few others). USA & Canada were and are much better this decade.

I think I'll give it a go and buy Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots now, although after a first skip-through on amazon I doubt I'll like it as much as The Soft Bulletin.

Around the Network

What's an album? Is that what you call a collection of 99c songs from iTunes?

alter bridge - blackbird
or
disturbed - the sickness

or any other disturbed album

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

TheRealMafoo said:
What's an album? Is that what you call a collection of 99c songs from iTunes?

no its a collection of songs an artists groups together for various reasons, such as a common theme or perspective on the world.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

This is hard

Radiohead - In Rainbows ( 2007)

Sigur Ros - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaus (2008)

Do Make Say Think - & Yet & Yet (2002)

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

Radiohead, Kid A

The Avalanches, Since I left you

Architecture in Helsinki, In Case we Die

Aphex Twin, drukqs

Sufjan Stevens, Illinois

Tool, 10,000 Days

The Presets, Apocalypso

Burial, Untrue

Thats all I can come up with atm.

every other music thread i've stepped into on this site, i've immediately left, but i'm surprised by some of what I've heard thus far, with Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Arcade Fire, Bjork, Flaming Lips, Postal Service, Wilco, Aphex Twin, Sufjan Stevens. It's nice to see that there are some people with some sort of musical taste on this site!

The Postal Service - Give Up is probably the best album of the decade.. glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.. its the perfect pop album.

Hopefully they'll get together and make another album... Give Up surpasses any Death Cab album by leaps and bounds.

NintendoMan said:
Circus - Britney Spears

Really? I mean, its good for a Britney Spears album.. but.. best of the decade?

I'll be surprised if britney is alive at the end of the decade!