By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN GIVES LAIR A 4.9

Hmm, it'd be pretty sad if this game beats out Warhawk in sales

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

I still expect it to sell very well, better than Warhawk too.

I'll still be renting it at least.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

IGN's and gamepsots reviews are utter shit, completely worthless garbage. It's funny, because I usually agree with ign/gamespot, but this time i picked up the game before i read the reviews. there is no way in fiery pink hell that lair is a 5.0 game. If you can't control the dragon... you probably should hang up your controller right now. If you don't like the targeting system... don't use it. (gasp imagine that!) I've played Lair for the last 6 hours and it's been the funnest 6 hours I've ever had on my ps3, ps2, xbox, n64, etc. I've never played another game that grabbed me as quickly as lair, it's truly brilliant. People who think rumble is a 'good feature' for immersion really do need to tear off a rhino's head with the sixaxis, by the time you brign down the dam, you'll

be thinking 'rumble? whats that?'.listen to the reviews because the writers own a .com if you want, i'll be busy having fun. voice acting sucks for some characters though. the extra content/unlockables are going to give this game tons of replay value, i haven't done better then a silver ranking yet and i'm still averaging bronzes.

tk1797 said:
100k for Lair. I don't think fans care about the reviews. If they want it they will buy it. 

The thing is a number of fans dont really care for reviews.  If alot of fans don't like the controlls and infact despise them then a lot wont bother with the game  Imo at the most it might see 60 - 70k in the first week.

Some folks will love the game Im sure but I can bet a strong number wont like it that much eather. 

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

8.0 Presentation
7.5 Graphics
8.0 Sound
4.5 Gameplay
5.5 Lasting Appeal

how is that a 4.9 ?

Total score is a 6.7

Around the Network
AllAll said:
8.0 Presentation
7.5 Graphics
8.0 Sound
4.5 Gameplay
5.5 Lasting Appeal

how is that a 4.9 ?

Total score is a 6.7

Read man READ, Right next to the scores are words that say "This is NOT an average"

As for this games sales, it BETTER do 180k at LEAST for its first month. This game has a 25million budget, this isnt Cooking Mama we are talking about here, this game needs MASSIVE sales to recoup dev costs let alone turn a worth a crap profit. At least if it starts at 180k it will have a chance at hitting 500k here if it has miracle legs.

Lair doesnt have the luxury of a 360 version to help recoup the devs costs with sales, and nothing for PS3 sells impressively in Japan at all. This game needs to clean up in America.

Thank god this game won't do well. Now maybe Factor 5 will make a Rogue Squadron 4 for wii.

From everything I've read, this was an expensive game to develop. It's going to take a lot of sales just to break even.

z64dan said:
Thank god this game won't do well. Now maybe Factor 5 will make a Rogue Squadron 4 for wii.

I'm pretty sure Factor 5 is signed up for another PS3 project with Sony, but I can't remember where I saw this.

But you think Lair is crap and expect Rogue Squaron 4 to somehow be great right after it?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

what's the history of factor 5? have they always been making bad games?

the Wii is an epidemic.