By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
grandmaster192 said:
Rath said:

If you have any evidence of biased moderation send it to Stof. Otherwise I dont see why Shams isnt allowed his own opinion. Ill stick up for Cklmb and any other mod in the same way.

There's no point in doing so. As long as there is no bias against Nintendo, Stof and most other members won't care. Like another member said, there is really a double standard on this site. My problem with Shams isn't that he's bias, but instead it's that he's no different then blue3, Killzone 3, ect. He's always putting people down and trying to show up people. I really don't like that.

Now you are talking about his personal opinions. As long as he states his opinions as "Shams, the VGChartz member" and not as "Shams, the VGChartz mod" it's ok. I find it as a good thing that mods are taking part for the conversations just like other members. Look at how long Kwaad was being tolerated before his each bans, he practically was flaming or trolling in every second post he posted. Or Hus, or Blue3. Or the pro Sony threads, they are being closed because people can't keep it civil. Some idiot always post something flaming at some point and then everyone starts to fight about something meaningless. Or if a topic is just flamebait, it will be closed. Today one anti-Sony thread was locked just because it would have got out of hands at any time.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
Rath said:

If you have any evidence of biased moderation send it to Stof. Otherwise I dont see why Shams isnt allowed his own opinion. Ill stick up for Cklmb and any other mod in the same way.

There's no point in doing so. As long as there is no bias against Nintendo, Stof and most other members won't care. Like another member said, there is really a double standard on this site. My problem with Shams isn't that he's bias, but instead it's that he's no different then blue3, Killzone 3, ect. He's always putting people down and trying to show up people. I really don't like that.

Well now I have to defend Shams, as far as I know he uses LOGIC when he is argumenting against people. If they act like washimul or blue3 did then it might look like he is putting people down, the truth is that he knows his numbers and therefore actualy makes it difficult for the opponent to conter.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Rath said:
AllAll said:
Shams and benkanobi are wii fanboys. No clue why they are mods.

Theres an obvious double standart on here, wii fanboys can get away with alot more and its usually thanks to the bais of shams or benkanoibi.

Game ranking prove this pace is a wii fanboy haven.

Oh cant you shut it? Every damned thread your complaining about shit like this.

Ben and Shams like N more yes, Roadkiller and Ck like PS3 more, MrStick likes the X360 more. ZOMG THE MODS ARE ALL FANBOISS!!!

Get over it.

Oh and my opinion on game rankings is - dont pay attention to them, they dont mean much.

Have you seen him discussing anything else? The few times I have seen him in a thread he hasn't been discussing the topic, he has burst in complaining over the Wii fans/the bad mods or whatever...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Whoa, I like Nintendo the best perhaps, but I also play 360 a lot and thoroughly enjoy it.

I suppose you could call that an "open love for Nintendo," but I can't really afford my own 360 yet. And I don't know a single person who owns a PS3, so I just can't make a comment on that...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Rath said:
AllAll said:
Shams and benkanobi are wii fanboys. No clue why they are mods.

Theres an obvious double standart on here, wii fanboys can get away with alot more and its usually thanks to the bais of shams or benkanoibi.

Game ranking prove this pace is a wii fanboy haven.

Oh cant you shut it? Every damned thread your complaining about shit like this.

Ben and Shams like N more yes, Roadkiller and Ck like PS3 more, MrStick likes the X360 more. ZOMG THE MODS ARE ALL FANBOISS!!!

Get over it.

Oh and my opinion on game rankings is - dont pay attention to them, they dont mean much. 

QFT!!

@AllAll

Take off you fanboy blinders and look around, every system here as a fair coverage of Mods.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I'm really glad some of the PS3/360 supporters are backing up the mods here.  I know you guys are outnumbered as there are more Wii supporters here but you are still able to see that as long as you are posting in a respectful manner you are given a fair chance to express your views.

The problem here is that that AllAll seems to think that if a non-PS3 supporter is posting their views in a PS3 related thread that its trolling/flamebaiting automatically.  I think he doesn't understand that so long as he stays on topic and shows at least a modicum of respect to every member and makes his points about the topic at hand he will be allowed to make his points in any thread as well.   

Examples:

The Lair IGN review thread: People were discussing the bad review and joking about the game by posting pics. I personally wouldn't be posting the pics but up to that point every person had been talking about how bad the game was PS3 fans included and nobody seemed to mind except AllAll.  Had he just said he didn't appreciate the pictures and addressed the issue directly the outcome would of been much different than what he did do which was attack the mods.

Valve's Gabe Newell comment on the PS3:  This is where Killzone3 posted an out of context quote about the PS3 that by itself sounded postive (he also provided a link to the article with the quote but it was linked to page 2 of the interview).  Checking back on page 1 of the article you could see quite clearly that Gabe Newell was actually making a negative comment about the PS3. So since the thread was about Gabe Newell's comments on the PS3 the thread quickly turned to addressing the out of context quote and pointing out that it was in fact not what Mr Newell was trying to say.  This is where AllAll once again decided to attack the mods.

I probably missed some examples but you get the idea.  In both cases it was him taking issue with negative press to a PS3 issue and he is entitled to that opinion and he SHOULD back it up and post.  But in neither case did he do that, instead he attacked the mods, attacked the posters with the opposite view, and quite honestly attacked the community as a whole.  

I hope he is able to perhaps see where the lines are drawn and who knows maybe he will be able to become a productive member of the community.  But right now it seems more and more likely to me that he is simply a troll and attacking the site is his primary objective.  I hope I am wrong about that but I highly doubt it.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I'm sorry, Sqrl, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. Personaly, I beleive in what AllAll has to say, and I think it's the truth. AllAll never said anything about mods trolling, he speaks about there being a double standard, and that mods like Benkenobi and Shams are letting Nintendo fans get away with more. this stament is somewhat true. For example, in the Lair review thread Kilzone3 was banned for making a comment about Wii fans; however, there was a quite few post making fun of PS3 fans, yet none of them were banned. Also, the pics didn't help neither. Posting pictures like that does nothing but aggrevate people, and the mods should have put a end to it quickly. The pictures served no purpose to the thread and could be considered spamming, trolling and just being rude.

gebx said:

Take off you fanboy blinders and look around, every system here as a fair coverage of Mods.

Your opinion, reality says other wise.

Ok lets make a list of what mod has what console, why not ehh its just the god honest truth.

Add to the list i dont know all of them. 

ioi - wii
BenKenobi88 - wii
Shams - ???
chmlb - SP3/360/wii
DKII - ???
TheSource - Wii
Stof - ???
mrstickball - 360

Iam not even goona get in to the double standart on here iam to lazy to type them much. 

grandmaster192 said:
I'm sorry, Sqrl, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. Personaly, I beleive in what AllAll has to say, and I think it's the truth. AllAll never said anything about mods trolling, he speaks about there being a double standard, and that mods like Benkenobi and Shams are letting Nintendo fans get away with more. this stament is somewhat true. For example, in the Lair review thread Kilzone3 was banned for making a comment about Wii fans; however, there was a quite few post making fun of PS3 fans, yet none of them were banned. Also, the pics didn't help neither. Posting pictures like that does nothing but aggrevate people, and the mods should have put a end to it quickly. The pictures served no purpose to the thread and could be considered spamming, trolling and just being rude.

No offense but you really don't seem to know what you're talking about.

For starters KZ3 was hardly a first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth time offender he has been posting flamebait for a very long time and this ban was a long time coming. So there is more than good reason for him being the only one banned.

Secondly the mods have never once claimed to not have opinions.  They are people like you and I who come to the site to discuss video games.  The only difference is ioi has asked them to help keep it civil. They are allowed to make their views known. Once again I feel I should point out the trolling is not just posting a viewpoint contrary to what everyone in the thread is saying. You are allowed to post a different view thats not the issue.  Its when you do it for the sole purpose of pissing people off and by insulting and mocking people or just plain being rude when its uncalled for. 

Finally,  AllAll has pretty much spent his time on this site whining and complaining about mods for the exact reasons I just detailed.  If you read the threads I was talking about above you will see that he was being rude, insulting, and in general disruptive.  Hardly the way to go about making a change in policy...don't you think? 

Like I said before the pictures weren't called for but they weren't exactly over the top considering the tone of the thread.  Anyone who had an issue with them should of posted to that effect.  This site is about having a good time and those pictures while poking fun at the expense of the game, weren't targeted at anybody and hardly constitute a ban worthy offense.  People getting upset over the pictures is actually more over the top than the pictures themselves imho.   

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
No offense but you really don't seem to know what you're talking about.

No offence takin, Sqrl.

For starters KZ3 was hardly a first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth time offender he has been posting flamebait for a very long time and this ban was a long time coming. So there is more than good reason for him being the only one banned.

I'm not questioning why Killzone 3 was banned. Benkenobi had every right to ban him, as he was pretty much flaming an entire fanbase. However, I beleive that if some of the things were taking care of before hand, it wouldn't have got so bad.   

Secondly the mods have never once claimed to not have opinions.  They are people like you and I who come to the site to discuss video games.  The only difference is ioi has asked them to help keep it civil. They are allowed to make their views known. Once again I feel I should point out the trolling is not just posting a viewpoint contrary to what everyone in the thread is saying. You are allowed to post a different view thats not the issue.  Its when you do it for the sole purpose of pissing people off and by insulting and mocking people or just plain being rude when its uncalled for.

Mods posting their opinions is fine. They have every right to do so. You're right about trolling, and how posting a viewpoint contrary is not trolling at all. Those pictures, however, were indeed trolling, as they fit your discription of trolling like a glove. They were insulting, rude, and just plain uncalled for. To expect someone not to get upset over those pics is a bit foolish. Imagine what would happen if I posted a thread about 1up's madden reveiw, then went on posting pics about the game being bad. There would have been a uproar of Nintendo fans flamming me and calling 1up bias. Hell, I'm called a troll just for thinking Heavenly Sword is better then Metriod. See for youself: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=6347 This is trolling, but what memebers were doing in the Lair thread isn't? There's clearly a double standard here. Shams was allowed to post his opinion, which was the exact thing I did. You also have people claiming Heavenly Sword is a 0/10 game, yet this is somehow not trolling with my post being a troll post.

Finally,  AllAll has pretty much spent his time on this site whining and complaining about mods for the exact reasons I just detailed.  If you read the threads I was talking about above you will see that he was being rude, insulting, and in general disruptive.  Hardly the way to go about making a change in policy...don't you think?

AllAll expessed his opinions very poorly. However, this doesn't mean that they are not valid. I really think him, myself and other members have a point when it comes to there being a double standard here. AllAll just didn't go about it the right way, which is probably why he's banned right now. Lets be honest, Sqrl, the mods are not without their flaws, and I think that this is one of them.

said before the pictures weren't called for but they weren't exactly over the top considering the tone of the thread.  Anyone who had an issue with them should of posted to that effect.  This site is about having a good time and those pictures while poking fun at the expense of the game, weren't targeted at anybody and hardly constitute a ban worthy offense.  People getting upset over the pictures is actually more over the top than the pictures themselves imho.

Those pictures didn't contribte the theard at all. Instead they did nothing but get memebers worked up. I don't think that the pictures were ban worthy, but they should have been deleted and memebrs should have been told not to post them. Things like that do nothing but cause problems for memebers and people who were exicted for this game. You can't honestly expect people not to get worked up over those pics. If it were the other way around and someone did that in the nintendo forum, there would have been plenty flames.