By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One of Spores developers says "Wii is a piece of..."

Sintinel said: What a pussy. If you're gonna say something like that, at least be prepared to stand behind it when the shit hits the fan.
Principles are easy to have when you don't have a mortgage ...

Around the Network

HappySqurriel said: Sintinel said: What a pussy. If you're gonna say something like that, at least be prepared to stand behind it when the shit hits the fan. Principles are easy to have when you don't have a mortgage ...
I agree completely. So maybe he should have thought about that before shooting his mouth off.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

The guy who says the Wii is a piece of shit takes it all back btw.

mancandy said:You make it sound like that average people are incapable of making "art". However, people during the renaissance did have a an appreciation for art. Art was displayed in public places. Michelangelo was a famous artists, not all artists are famous. Not all art sit in the Louvre. When you talk about "non-average" people, I assume you are referring to the rich. Not everyone was rich.
Yes I'm referring to no wealthy individuals and I never said art wasn't displayed in public places. This was in response your assumption that all people did during the renaissance was stare at sculpture all day for fun. Of course not all artist are famous and as someone else summarized, it's really dependent on art historians and what happens to be "in" at the time but I never said anything about "average" people being incapable of making or appreciating art.
I see what you are saying, I just want to elaborate on your comment. Ferrel and Cruise are actors, a type of entertainer, hence not artists. So movies are not art, just forms of entertainment.
As another person said, Directors are artist and actors are their tools.
Musicians, opera singers, ballet dancers, etc are entertainers, so they are not artists either.
They all perform works made by others, thus they can be seen as a medium for composers, choreographers, ect.
Playwrights, like Shakespeare, are not artists, merely writers and writers are just another from of entertainers. So I will assume all writers are not artists. The plays that resulted from the playwright's work are not art as well since they are forms of entertainment. Also the characters in the plays are not artists since they are just actors.
Should anything that entertains someone be considered "art", or is something thats meant to communicate emotion or ideas "art"?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Sintinel said: What a pussy. If you're gonna say something like that, at least be prepared to stand behind it when the shit hits the fan. HappySqurriel said: Principles are easy to have when you don't have a mortgage ... Sintinel said: I agree completely. So maybe he should have thought about that before shooting his mouth off.
I agree but think that if you make a mistake you should swallow your pride, admit to your mistake and appologize ... Personally, I suspect that he is appologizing for the wrong reasons but that is another matter

Around the Network

Oh yeah, completely. It's very obvious that his employers told him to apologize or find another job.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Well he's certainly not on my list of favorite developers, but I think it's not so bad that he's speaking his mind, as much as it's worse because he's effectively speaking for the whole Spore crew from the public's view.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Strom, I think you're a little out of touch. Basically every game publisher out there is pledging more support to Wii than they did to Gamecube, and in total, its now getting into the same ballpark as PS3. Major games announced this year include Guitar Hero Wii, DDR Wii, Manhunt 2, Dewy's Adventure, Space Station Tycoon, Red Steel 2, Godzilla... Today the news was a Steven Speilberg Wii project... But where it really gets impressive is the amount of studios looking to hire Wii developers. Read maybe the last 50-100 pages of this blog, and you'll find tons of new game announcements, and just as many studios proclaiming future Wii support and looking to hire Wii developers. You'll probably also find reference to the shortage of Wii development kits. http://theboard.zogdog.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=11& Just based on retail content, Wii is closing in on PS3... About 85-90% the amount of named projects, based on my personal browsing of the Gamespot and Wikipedia lists... Add in the unnamed projects, and its basically impossible to say. Add in downloadable games, and Wii is way ahead so far, closing in on 100 games out already. In terms of exclusives, Wii is behind 360, but ahead of PS3, according to a gamingtarget article... And they weren't counting "next-gen exclusives", of which Wii is presumably the leader. I think the momentum is clearly in Wii's favor in just about every way. Especially considering that with their price tags, the other guys will likely have to have a lot more content than Wii just to sell the same amount.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Sintinel said: Oh yeah, completely. It's very obvious that his employers told him to apologize or find another job.
I would quit rather than be forced to apologize for not liking a system. He should not have apologized and should have quit and stood his ground. He is clearly a weak little man.

See that's where most people disagree. Even I'd probably rather keep my VERY well-paying job in exchange for an apology...I don't think it'd be worth losing your job as a Spore developer because you hold true to your ideas about the current Nintendo console.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )