By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up slams wii madden.

Morgyn said:
How does 1up reviews compare for other platforms. Could they just be scoring lower across the board?

They average a -9.5% for Wii games compared to a -4.3% average across all platforms. The PS3 is -3.8% and the 360 is -3.5%.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

I don't think they underrated the Wii-version , I think they overrated the other version , but oh well this is just my opinion.

I think eventually 1up will lose credibilty if not so already when it comes to Nintendo games. I certainly wouldn't go 1up, Nintendo Power, or Play when it came time to deciding if I should get a game.

DKII said:
ckmlb's posts are no worse than, say, shams in a lot of Sony threads, and both contribute a lot more positively to the site including the news section than I can say for the majority of the people in this thread complaining. :p
Agreed. 

DKII said:
ckmlb's posts are no worse than, say, shams in a lot of Sony threads, and both contribute a lot more positively to the site including the news section than I can say for the majority of the people in this thread complaining. :p

No offense, DKII, but that was obvious trolling and mods shouldn't be making comments like that.  It's okay to have a desenting opinion, but backing it up with facts is needed. 

Around the Network

My prediction for Super Mario Galaxy.

Average Wii review: 9.5

1up review: 2.3

Tagline: "it doesn't even run on the Xbox 360."

sienster said:
Right, it doesn't review games but have you looked at the game ratings?! They're ridiculous - take a look!

We've already gone over this...they're just for fun...these aren't official ratings meant for anybody but the community here.  Reviews from other sites definitely matter.

What really matters on our site is our numbers and charts.  And if somehow the Wii is stated as selling 15 million or whatever right now, then you can say a bias matters.  Otherwise, any sort of Nintendo bias on this site is just affected in the forums, if at all.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

TheBigFatJ said:

My prediction for Super Mario Galaxy.

Average Wii review: 9.5

1up review: 2.3

Tagline: "it doesn't even run on the Xbox 360."

hahahahahaha!! you'll be eating crow for this prediction, there is no way they'll ever review it that highly

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Darkness said:
DKII said:

No offense, DKII, but that was obvious trolling and mods shouldn't be making comments like that. It's okay to have a desenting opinion, but backing it up with facts is needed.

Not really trolling.  Shams does act up sometimes...he's just calling him out on it.  I think ckmlb needs to stop making sarcastic remarks in threads like these though...it's getting old.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

DKII said:

Contibuting news posts doesn't mean you can go around trolling, and this isn't, by far, the first time many of us have had a problem with ck.