By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1up slams wii madden.

ckmlb said:
Oh no the 1UP bias strikes again!!!!!!

Wow Ck, just wow. What happened to you? Seriously you are turning into the very thing you are supposed to be moderating against. Nanza posted evidence supporting his claims that 1UP is biased against the Wii. If you disagree post why. Its really quite simple. 

Around the Network

Yeah, and this site is pro Wii and pro Nintendo - every site is biased one way or another.

This site doesn't review games. Reviews should not be made by people who start out wanting to hate a game.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Right, it doesn't review games but have you looked at the game ratings?!  They're ridiculous - take a look!

ckmlb's posts are no worse than, say, shams in a lot of Sony threads, and both contribute a lot more positively to the site including the news section than I can say for the majority of the people in this thread complaining. :p

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

A mod should not be trolling like this.

You're a mod now, behave like it. 

ckmlb said:

Accidental dupe, sorry.

How does 1up reviews compare for other platforms. Could they just be scoring lower across the board?

All good to see ckmlb hasn't really changed his colors. Anyone who really wants to know what ckmlb is like should read some of his old posts. The ones that were very pro Sony and anti-Wii. As for the 1up argument, I never really followed it before but a case can be made for this. We assume these sites are run by professional objective media but if the mainstream press can sometimes have trouble being fair in their news can we really expect the same of gaming press. I wouldn't doubt it if they were employed a bunch of kids.

I try and be objective about this stuff, because I hate when people scream "bias" about one source or another, but this 1UP Wii Madden review is certainly flawed. I have to question the merit behind a review that suggests to buyers they pick up the game for a different system. It's a Wii game review for Wii owners, so I think 1UP totally whiffed there.

Frankly, I'm really baffled why 1UP reviews Wii games at all. The staff at EGM/Games for Windows clearly hasn't taken to the Wii, and Wii owners, for the most part, aren't reading those rags either.