By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Sony leave hardware biz and become only publisher?

Sony has a lot of studios, which could be good enough reason to just be big publisher for other consoles.

PS3 seems to be second choice console if you have PS360, so most of gamers at least in USA but multiplatform games on 360, at least that is feel i get from listening podcasts(many of them).

This is not troll question, i only have PS3.

Around the Network

Multi-Console owners are a mere small fraction out of the whole market.

Sony is a hardware company, and should stay in the business of hardware...

Hell no, you want to get stuck with pos ms hardware for your hd gaming needs ?

Better question, Should MS leave...YES and make room for SEGA

Sony uses their videogame systems to control formats. Why would they shift their intentions now?

Around the Network

With all the multimedia functionality in the PS3, Sony is in as much for the games as for the rest of living room entertainment. Leaving the PS and developing games for others doesn't make any sense.

Sony is the last company I want to see leave the hardware side of things. If anything M$ would be the one to do that. There hardware is crap. Sony needs to continue to push the hardware specs higher and Nintendo needs to start making games for Sony hardware. It would be the best of both worlds.

NO

PLAYSTATION®3

I agree, Out with microsoft in with sega!

It's a ridiculous suggestion (Sony are far too successful in the gaming business, they won't leave in decades) but I don't like that these threads always become flame threads where haters are saying MS should leave instead.