By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect is incredible and has 30-40 hrs of CORE gameplay!

Lol, ookaze, the video highlights the customization in the game. The liberal aiming license is certainly not indicative of a shooter, nor is the ability to explore an entire galaxy at ones free will, nor is the interactive conversation and story progression options

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
ookaze said:
Plays more like a shooter than a RPG ...
"they still get the action experience, I mean the fun experience", yeah right, so this is no RPG!
Like I thought, this is a shooter with some RPG elements. But stranfely enough it is put in the RPG genre. At best it would be an action RPG. You put things in action RPG genre when they're not actually RPG.

The game is an RPG (unless you don't consider a game like Knights of the Old Republic an RPG).

Well, and fallout may play the same way with a slightly modified combat system with tie ins of old.

Truthfully, I'm considering a 360 now that I have money, but I'm held back by the thought most games that will  come out on 360 will also come out on PC eventually. Well, hopefully Blue Dragon. And Dead Rising. And this.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I hate Winnipeg

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr, you better just be singing along to The Weakerthans!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Lol, ookaze, the video highlights the customization in the game. The liberal aiming license is certainly not indicative of a shooter, nor is the ability to explore an entire galaxy at ones free will, nor is the interactive conversation and story progression options

And yet Metroid Prime games are almost pure adventure and puzzle solving, with shooter combat as an afterthought, yet I still can't get retards to stop comparing it to Halo and asking for multiplayer.

I can't help but be reminded of Dirge of Cerberus and I'm sure this isn't going to be anything like it, but I've yet to play anything that tried to put too much shooter in my RPGs that turned out more than mediocre.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I'm disappointed in the length of the main game actually.

Before reading about how long it's going to be, I was expecting the main game to be 70 hours long.

Still I expect the side quests and stuff to expand the length of this game a lot.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Lol, i think thats why ive never been a final fantasy lover ckmlb, i simply cant find the time to play a game as long as you wanted this to be. Wish i could find the time though, then maybe i would have enjoyed oblivion

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Lol, i think thats why ive never been a final fantasy lover ckmlb, i simply cant find the time to play a game as long as you wanted this to be. Wish i could find the time though, then maybe i would have enjoyed oblivion

Your just like me starcraft, I can't play long games. Its long-winded and I start to feel like its time to play something else. I would rather have a nice gameplay experience that doesn't take long to beat. Gears of War is a prime example its simple and rather quick to get throught the game. I'm not complaining over Mass Effect length. The game looks amazing and it satifies my needs of length and quality.