By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect is incredible and has 30-40 hrs of CORE gameplay!

Considering KOTOR had only 20hrs of "core gameplay"....I consider this good.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Jeebus, just how many canuckistanis are on this board? This place is oozing with regional angst. :P

Bioware's latest masterpiece is certainly the best reason I can think of to get a 360. I've been a huge fan since Baldur's Gate II. The combat system looks a little clumsy, but that might just be because MP3's controls make everything else look clumsy. Besides, I know that pretty much any Bioware game is worth playing through, regardless of any combat flaws.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Thirty hours of core gameplay would be fantastic, especially if its all as good as in that video

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I agree the game looks fantastic. It's one of (if not THE) main reasons I'm getting a 360.

ckmlb said:
I'm disappointed in the length of the main game actually.

Before reading about how long it's going to be, I was expecting the main game to be 70 hours long.

Still I expect the side quests and stuff to expand the length of this game a lot.

Seriously??

Name 3 games that have the main game last 70 hours long....

@Famousringo -- Yep, I'm another canuck

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Well, to be fair gebx, BioWare used to be a PC RPG developer, and PC RPGs are really fucking long. I'd say Baldur's Gate II was easily 70 hours in it's main game, though it's hard to tell, since you do need to do side quests to be powerful enough to beat it... And "side quests" are vital to said games. Thinking of them as asides is like thinking of the World of Ruin in Final Fantasy VI/III as a series of side quests, rather than an area of non-linear gameplay. I'm not sure how thoroughly BioWare has followed through on this since they started doing 3D games, I've only watched people play them, not played them myself.

Dragon Quest/Warrior VII was bigger than 70 hours as well.

Anyways, games of that length do exist. I'm not sure it's fair to expect games to be that long.

I used to be an albertan...but then my hippy tendancies caused the world to spin sideways and I fell into BC...now I'm too...happy...to hate anyone else...I LOVE YOU GUY OVER IN THE EAST!

PS, I love Bioware, is this guy coming to PC?

edit:  Except Edmonton.  They can go to hell (Can't get rid of all the Calgarian in me)

Mass Effect is looking so great right now from all the videos I've seen, I can't wait to play it Nov 20th (Finger's Crossed). But one thing I did notice is that at times the faces did seem to be a little bit off. Like when Shepard punches that guy out the woman's face looks doll-like with those wide eyes and the expression doesn't seem to match the dialogue. I'm hoping they polish that out in the next 2-3 months, but it isn't game-breaking obviously.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/ Fortress Forever is out now!

the first game i played made by bioware was KOTOR. I got it when it was only 5 dollars and i have been eagered to play another one of their games.

the first game i played made by bioware was KOTOR. I got it when it was only 5 dollars and i have been eagered to play another one of their games.