By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect is incredible and has 30-40 hrs of CORE gameplay!

Takashii said:
starcraft said:
Lol, i think thats why ive never been a final fantasy lover ckmlb, i simply cant find the time to play a game as long as you wanted this to be. Wish i could find the time though, then maybe i would have enjoyed oblivion

Your just like me starcraft, I can't play long games. Its long-winded and I start to feel like its time to play something else. I would rather have a nice gameplay experience that doesn't take long to beat. Gears of War is a prime example its simple and rather quick to get throught the game. I'm not complaining over Mass Effect length. The game looks amazing and it satifies my needs of length and quality.

The upper limit for me is roughly 25 hours.  If a game is much longer than that, I just start to lose interest.  It needs to be really compelling to get me to play longer.  BTW starcraft, the earlier FF games aren't nearly that long, IV is roughly 15 hours and V is about 20.  VI can be long, depending on how you spend the second half of the game.

Around the Network

Wow this game looks fun. If microsoft keeps getting so many stellar games, their system is going to really take off once the xbox 360 premium gets around $300

wareagle372 said:
the first game i played made by bioware was KOTOR. I got it when it was only 5 dollars and i have been eagered to play another one of their games.

And Final Fantasy VI feels shorter than any other RPG I've played of an equivalent length.  So ace.