By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EGM talks Kingdom Hearts rumors and Okami Wii

Whos with me in thinking that Okami on the wii would be a brilliant idea?

Okami sold miserable and was never really advertised dispite the fact that it was a truly excellant game.

Capcom should do excatly what they did to Resident Evil 4. Look at it this way, ur average joe doesnt know about okami so for many ppl it would be a new game. All they'd need to do is advertise it well and realise it at a budget price. Id buy it! :)

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

I think Okami on Wii would be great, but it needs to come out early next year...this Christmas is already PWNed by Nintendo and by next holiday season I believe we will be seeing some pretty impressive third party games.

Soriku said:
^ KH isn't TB.

I know that, and it's exactly why I don't really like Kingdom Hearts. If Kingdom hearts was on the DS, it might have a chance of beeing turn-based.

@grandmaster

So it can actually be good? Your saying when its put on a nintendo system it will actually be good? You my friend are such a fanboy.
]

What does being on a Nintendo system have to do with it? I want it on the DS so it can have a chance of being turn-based, not because the system is made by Nintendo. If anyone is the fanboy, it's you!

Ehh, I don't really see what would be so great about an Okami Wii port. Just go buy the PS2 version. There was so much more to Okami than just using the brush, adding motion controls for brush techniques does not justify another purchase, in my opinion. I guess it would make financial sense to Capcom, though.

Could it be that Microsoft paid Seeds to develop for the 360? Seeds is just a group of developers and needs to find money from publishers to make games. Last time I checked Microsoft had some money.

Starless said:
Ehh, I don't really see what would be so great about an Okami Wii port. Just go buy the PS2 version.

Well, it sure you can buy the PS2 version, but you have to find it before. The game is discontinued, they have not sold many copies and the game is hard to find in used condition. Honestly I have not see one in the last 6 months in our shop and in our district...

So having a Wii version can be really interesting for any person looking for that game.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Yeah, I don't believe it either.

I mean, the sort of people who buy the 360 are not the sort of people who buy Okami. And yes, I'm pointing some fingers here. You guys know who you are...

That doesn't make sense. How would MS attract new people to purchase a 360? That sounds like when People complain that MS is bringing out too many RPG's. They say things like "They should stick to shooters". Then if they did stick to shooters those same people would complain that all they have are shooters. Is illegal for a company to diversify?

On topic:

I think Okami deserves a 2nd chance to do well. If the game recieves proper advertising and comes out at the right time it may do way better. 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I loved Kingdom Hearts 2. I bought because I don't like turn-based battles. If it was turn-based I'd kill myself.

No, seriously...

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

outlawauron said:
Just SE did with FF. KH will be on every system. Like FF is on every one right now.

X360 - FF XI
PS3 - FFXIII and FF VersusXIII
PSP - Final Fantasy Tactics
DS - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Wii: Im sure a FFXIII spin off.

just cant help but fix/add to this list.

X360 - XI

PS3 - XIII, VersusXIII

PSP - I, II, Tactics: The War of the Lions

DS - III, IV, XII: Revenant Wings, Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates, Tactics Advance 2

Wii - Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers

also while not exactly Final Fantasy games, Chocobo Tales (DS) and Chocobo's Dungeon (Wii) feature various FF elements.

Square-Enix can see where the money is and will support heavily while giving the other consoles a smaller share. if they see a market on Wii or DS for Kingdom Hearts then they will likely do it. personally i'm hoping for a Mario/Dragon Quest spinoff title.

as for Okami, yes please. i hope Capcom are able to find a chance for profit. because that's the only reason i could see them giving Okami to Wii. i dont think it will come but i'd like to be wrong thinking that.