By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales - February 23 - March 1

Max King of the Wild said:
Zuhyc said:
Very good for Yakuza 3, it already outsold Kenzan! But I think the drop next week will be huge.

kinda hard not to have a massive drop off with such a good 1st week... though its 2nd and 3rd day sales didnt have as big of a drop like other games so who knows

Let's hope so. One thing is sure, after a platinum release sales will increase again.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Ouch @ SO4. I wonder if that's due to supply problems, or it's had that bad of a freefall.

Very good for Yakuza 3. PS3 HW should be massive this week.

And Star Scream is a great contributor, Neos. Don't bash him, because unlike you, he contributes a lot of valuable sales data to the site.

Oh yea I see, the 500 SNES games i added to the database (when vg$ weren't given yet) don't count

Thanks.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Hence why I said sales data :-p

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Hence why I said sales data :-p

That's Cherrypicking =P. It doesn't matter how you contribute to the site, but if and how much =)

I was just bringing him back to the real world where the PSP (WW) is still getting outsold by everything with hardware and software. He is always comparing games (Wii/x360) to PSP games so they look bad, because in some magical way the psp is doing a little better in Japan.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

So Wii can get outsold by the PS3 3:1??? WTH?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
supply issues for so4?

No, it's a xbox 360 game in Japan...

Nice sales for Yakuza 3, i wonder how much it will sell overall? Any chance of Legs? I also think that SEGA should release it in the west.

Wii really needs some big software, and fast to push it back into better hardware sales.

And SO 4 had a massive drop, but im not suprised 360 owners in Japan are really "hardcore" and games are massivly front loaded.

kowenicki said:
supply issues for so4?

Probably not, it's been available on Amazon for quite some time:

39.  スターオーシャン4 -THE LAST HOPE-(特典なし)
スクウェア・エニックス
プラットフォーム:   Xbox 360
  (130件のカスタマーレビュー) | 3件のトピック
在庫あり

参考価格: ¥ 8,925

価格: ¥ 7,072

OFF: ¥ 1,853 (21%)

15点の新品/中古商品を見る: ¥ 6,500より

I've been saying 22-30k was too low for PS3 this entire week. No way it only got a 6-10k bump when it had the 10k Yakuza bundles that sold out.

Those Yakuza bundles are added in with these numbers right?

For once I was actually right with a hardware prediction.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Lolcislaw said:
Nice sales for Yakuza 3, i wonder how much it will sell overall? Any chance of Legs? I also think that SEGA should release it in the west.

Wii really needs some big software, and fast to push it back into better hardware sales.

And SO 4 had a massive drop, but im not suprised 360 owners in Japan are really "hardcore" and games are massivly front loaded.

All the games in the series have had legs. Even Kenzan sold 100,000 more after the first week (180,000).

Yakuza 3 should easily reach 500,000 before the Best Edition.