By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
darthdevidem01 said:
@euphoria

the post was for starcraft

I accidently said it was for you

he claimed Halo Wars is the best debut for a 360 RTS

I said Killzone 2 debuted better than COD4's sequel....a huge achievement

CoD:WaW is not, I repeat NOT, a sequel to CoD4. CoD: MW2 is the sequel that comes out at the end of this year. WaW is made by Treyarch, is complete crap compared to CoD4 and will be blown out of the water by MW2.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network
madkiller said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@euphoria

the post was for starcraft

I accidently said it was for you

he claimed Halo Wars is the best debut for a 360 RTS

I said Killzone 2 debuted better than COD4's sequel....a huge achievement

CoD:WaW is not, I repeat NOT, a sequel to CoD4. CoD: MW2 is the sequel that comes out at the end of this year. WaW is made by Treyarch, is complete crap compared to CoD4 and will be blown out of the water by MW2.

But how many in the general public knows the difference? It is the next game in the series, and most people don't know which games are made by who, so the point stands.

I think the problem with some of the 360 fanboys (including myself) is that we compare 360 exclusives to PS3 exclusives which is unfair.

If we just compare PS3 exclusives taking into account its genre, userbase, and released dates, then all PS3 exclusives have been succesful (well except maybe for Lair and Motorstorm 2).

KZ2 has had a great 1st week in Europe, its doing numbers that most developers would die for. We look forward to NA numbers next!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@gebx

are you being sarcastic, is my eyesight gone, has rol taken over your account or is what I'm seeing true?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

76 people will not be getting cuddly kirby huggles tonight! Had they only bought an Xbox 360 instead I would have been right!

OT: Doesn't the fact that KZ2 was bundled destroy any idea that it would move systems? The extra systems sold could easily be attributed to being just a discount on the price of the PS3.

Tease.

Around the Network

20-30k boost is better than nothing.

wholikeswood said:
20-30k boost is better than nothing.

Um, the PS3 only sold 13k more than last week...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

nice ps3 numbers wow even i didnt think it would beat the 360 for this week wats up with the 360 drop it did like 110k last week had a bundle come out and the HW fell i smell some adjustments to be made

Play Me

TyePhoid_PAL said:
lol at all the speculation regarding what prerequisites were needed for Killzone 2 to break even. This is a forum. Nobody here knows. Fantastic sales for an RTS. Think the brand helped a bit seeing as reviews were harsh. Killzone 2 beat cod 4 and 5 week 1 in Eu I think. Very good.

Actually, projecting ballpark cost estimates is fairly simple.  All one really needs is average team size as the bulk of the cost is in the people.  Multiple team size and length of development by ~$150,000 per team member year.  Given the length of development for KZ, I would think that $60M is probably on the low side.

it well also be interesting to see how long the PS3s HW will stay up there or if it willl drop admittedly cause there are no more KZ2 bundles

i hope it can stay above the 80k mark for awhile

Play Me