By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

@bouzane

the story is important in every type of game to give a nice feel of the atmosphere & some purpose to the game

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

KZ2 first week sales ~100k in the UK.
Halo 3 first week sales ~460k in the UK.

Does that seem like a Halo killer. I think not. Extra days week one aside, when it can pull in $300 million week 1 then we might have something to talk about.

darthdevidem01 said:
@bouzane

the story is important in every type of game to give a nice feel of the atmosphere & some purpose to the game

I disagree. Video games are primarily about gameplay and stories (while often enjoyable and immersive) are not necessary to enjoy playing them. I don't need an engaging story to enjoy LittleBigPlanet or Virtua Fighter 4 so I think it is a poor criteria for comparing / contrasting games.

awesome 

killzone online indeed is awesome

@darth add this to op: XD

@spartan

sure will!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Three 90%+ scoring multi million selling games (Halo trilogy) not one flop in the series

vs

Killzone 1 (70% poor seller)
Killzone 2 (91% score and only because of its graphics, real score....... 86%)

Sorry, Halo is still king and simply a LEGEND.

can't really say. have yet to play k2. still like halo 3 a lot though.

Sony must be proud to have beaten a 3 year old game ;D

What are you looking at, nerd?

@stan

A year and half you mean right?

Yeah one game totally wasnt in development 2 years longer than the other, definitly not.  Also untill KZ2 gets customizable levels and a theatre with a way to share it ala fileshare, and once killzone.com can touch bungie.net KZ2 multiplayer wont even touch h3.