By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

Killzone 2 is superior.

Bow to the greatest shooter ever.

Around the Network

@ Outlaw, once upon a time urine was respected as being part of an elite branch of chemistry called "Biological Chemistry" and it wasn't until some smart fellow discovered how to make Urea that regular Chemistry and Biological Chemistry merged into the one science as before then it was believed that only living creatures could create Urea among other chemicals unique to living creatures.

So you should see now how I was giving it the highest respect.

Tease.

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
So am I too understand that we can expect Killzone 2 to defeat Halo 3 in first week sales once userbase differentials are taken into account?

Quality is not equal to sales.The article is suggesting that KZ2 is a higher quality/better game, not a better seller.

sony didn't spend 60 million on advertising budget like MS did with halo 3.So no you should not expect anything with regards to sales.

BTW loving your avatar.Seems helghasts have finally invaded your avatar successfully :)

No Sony did not spend $60 million on advertising like MS did, because MS spent only $10 million on advertising for Halo 3.

I didn't realise Sony had spent so much on the game's advertising.  We knew the development budget was astronomical, but with such a large advertising budget it really calls into question whether Sony will profit off the game.

The vast majority of reviewers however, feel that Halo 3 is the better game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I love the polls :P

Anyways, I actually like Sev as a character. He seems like a great character. I also like Templar. God love him :(

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I got to agree with the OP.

I'm sick and tired of people thinking just because it's a sequel to a "mediocre" game it can't be better than anything. And although it's pretty ambitious for people to justify Killzone 2 is the best fps, they are still entitled to that opinion.

Also, what annoys me is people stuck in the mentality that because Halo was "THE" fps of the last generation it automatically gets the trump card hereinafter. I refuse to believe that. Combat Evolved was a great game, and I admit it was possibly the best fps of the last generation of consoles, but we are in a whole new generation, and any game can be better than any game. The name "Halo" doesn't entitle it to be the best fps, I don't care how much Combat Evolved impacted the gaming industry. This generation is full of new ideas too. We all saw how well COD4 did, and now Killzone 2 showed us how great a fps can be. Whether or not it brought new ideas to the table is debatable, but one thing for sure is it's an extremely good game. Games don't have to innovate to be enjoyed.

For me, and I'm sure it's the case for a lot of people, Killzone 2 > Halo series. I have never felt so immersed in a fps as well as I have been with Killzone 2.

People can kick and moan and scream, "It only got a high review cause of teh grafix," but the reality is, Halo 3 and many other fps games have the potential to do something great graphically. I don't care what anybody says, Killzone 2 is a great game, an extremely immersive game, pretty graphics or not. I would even have fun with Killzone 2 if it had Call of Duty 3 graphics.

Killzone 2 is just a great game. Leave it at that. If you don't like it, go play Halo 3 or COD4 or UT3 or whatever your heart contents.

P.S. Killzone 2 > Halo 3 easy.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

As the resident Halo fanatic, I won't say anything because I haven't played Killzone 2. It is possible, but I do seriously doubt I'll enjoy it as much if I ever get to play it.

Metacritc: Halo 3 > Killzone
Sales: Halo3 > Killzone
influence on the industry: Halo3 > Killzone

So why even discuss?

There are probably more people playing Halo today than Killzone2. And this is the first week of Killzone and the 74th week of Halo3

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
So am I too understand that we can expect Killzone 2 to defeat Halo 3 in first week sales once userbase differentials are taken into account?

Quality is not equal to sales.The article is suggesting that KZ2 is a higher quality/better game, not a better seller.

sony didn't spend 60 million on advertising budget like MS did with halo 3.So no you should not expect anything with regards to sales.

BTW loving your avatar.Seems helghasts have finally invaded your avatar successfully :)

No Sony did not spend $60 million on advertising like MS did, because MS spent only $10 million on advertising for Halo 3.

I didn't realise Sony had spent so much on the game's advertising.  We knew the development budget was astronomical, but with such a large advertising budget it really calls into question whether Sony will profit off the game.

The vast majority of reviewers however, feel that Halo 3 is the better game.

What? We don't know how much Sony spent either on their marketing.

And that $10 million was just for the "Believe" campaign. I heard numbers between $30 and $40 million spent on marketing covering everything.

And here's the link about the $10 million for being just for the "Believe" commercials.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hooray for opinions.

i believe that both games are over hyped but killzone 2 wins