By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

Nothing can and will kill Halo. LBP won't kill Mario either. PS3 fans need to get over it. Why are you searching for killers all the time?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

So am I too understand that we can expect Killzone 2 to defeat Halo 3 in first week sales once userbase differentials are taken into account?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

disolitude said:
They seem to be comparing the worng games.

Anyone that thinks Halo 3 and COD and Killzone 2 offer same experiences are idiots. Statements like these are hillarious.

"I'm confident that gamers will be sucked into Killzone 2's Call of Duty-caliber multiplayer experience."

and

"Its (halo 3) replay value is high too-even though the game is somewhat dated and not as sexy as say Call of Duty: World at War/Call of Duty 4."

Halo 3 is nothing like COD and is leagues beyond it in what it does. They should have compared COD and Killzone 2.

In any case, a game that is out for over a year and a half is getting compared to a brand new game that is the biggest, most hyped and one of the most expensive releases this year in a biased publication and the new game is barely winning. Shows how amazing Halo 3 really is...

Your right about Halo not being in the same league as Call of Duty.

I'd say that Call of Duty is about 15 leagues ahead.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
disolitude said:

Anyone that thinks Halo 3 and COD and Killzone 2 offer same experiences are idiots. Statements like these are hillarious.

"I'm confident that gamers will be sucked into Killzone 2's Call of Duty-caliber multiplayer experience."

and

"Its (halo 3) replay value is high too-even though the game is somewhat dated and not as sexy as say Call of Duty: World at War/Call of Duty 4."

Halo 3 is nothing like COD and is leagues beyond it in what it does. They should have compared COD and Killzone 2.

In any case, a game that is out for over a year and a half is getting compared to a brand new game that is the biggest, most hyped and one of the most expensive releases this year in a biased publication and the new game is barely winning. Shows how amazing Halo 3 really is...

Ahead of what? You're just trolling now...

Look, we understand that you don't get Halo and why its fun. Tis a shame.

I understand why COD is great and the reason why someone would like COD MP is not the same reason one loves to plays Halo 3 MP and vice versa. Simple as that..

starcraft said:
So am I too understand that we can expect Killzone 2 to defeat Halo 3 in first week sales once userbase differentials are taken into account?

Quality is not equal to sales.The article is suggesting that KZ2 is a higher quality/better game, not a better seller.

sony didn't spend 60 million on advertising budget like MS did with halo 3.So no you should not expect anything with regards to sales.

BTW loving your avatar.Seems helghasts have finally invaded your avatar successfully :)

Around the Network

@disolitude

I agree halo 3 and killzone 2 are nothing alike.

KZ2 and cod 4 have more in comon in single player campaign
but kz2 has more in common with team fortress 2 than cod 4's online.

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:

Quality is not equal to sales.The article is suggesting that KZ2 is a higher quality/better game, not a better seller.

sony didn't spend 60 million on advertising budget like MS did with halo 3.So no you should not expect anything with regards to sales.

BTW loving your avatar.Seems helghasts have finally invaded your avatar successfully :)

TSK TSK...posting false info...

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/12/1912212

10 mil was halos advertising budget. Ask sony howmuch for Killzone 2...

The fact that the article talks about Call of Duty when everyone says "It's not Call of Duty" makes me giggle.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
The fact that the article talks about Call of Duty when everyone says "It's not Call of Duty" makes me giggle.

hopefully nintendo will make a good shooter so that you  stop trolling Sony's games ;)

amirite? XD

P.S. i m not just  talking about this post but rather your post history regrading big sony's games.

disolitude said:
outlawauron said:
disolitude said:

and

Ahead of what? You're just trolling now...

Look, we understand that you don't get Halo and why its fun. Tis a shame.

I understand why COD is great and the reason why someone would like COD MP is not the same reason one loves to plays Halo 3 MP and vice versa. Simple as that.

I'm sorry, but my experiences playing Halo 3 online just weren't much fun. I absolutely loved Halo and Halo 2's mutliplayer. And the only real difference between the two's multiplayer is that in Call of Duty, you can't absorb bullets as well as you can in Halo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.