By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Future Xbox 360 Exclusives Will Surpass Killzone 2 [Graphically]

I doubt this. The 360 has nearly hit the most it can expect to get out of its hardware. They have already admitted that the new Red Faction maxes out the 360's abilities. Time for a sequel to the 360 if Microsoft doesn't want to rapidly fall behind performance wise. The 360 can only compete on price for so long before people will spoil themselves on a nice, slightly more expensive PS3.

Around the Network

dam why do microsoft always release a statement defending there product whenever sony drops something big.its getting a bit pathetic now,you can see how desperate they are with each statement like this.

not once have i read or heard sony doing something like that when microsoft announced something big.it really is microsoft thats fueling this consol war,wat little kids they are.why dont they just do wat they do and let sony do wat they do and quit these stupid little statements

Infinity said:
I doubt this. The 360 has nearly hit the most it can expect to get out of its hardware. They have already admitted that the new Red Faction maxes out the 360's abilities. Time for a sequel to the 360 if Microsoft doesn't want to rapidly fall behind performance wise. The 360 can only compete on price for so long before people will spoil themselves on a nice, slightly more expensive PS3.

And the PS3's...

Infinity said:

haha oh wow.

Neither consoles are maxed. ENGINES are being maxed, learn the difference.

Infinity said:

Honestly that Red Faction quote is moot. I can easily "max out" the 360 or the PS3 too... I just have to try to put in more stuff than the memory allows or uselessly tax the CPU.

Hell, I just need an infinite loop or a memory leak :)

Both machines still have alot that can be squeezed out of them, it's just too early in this generation for this not being the truth.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network
Infinity said:

You could guess that was going to happen with the XBox, when games like Splinter Cell came out...  but...

Then again, the PS3 and 360 are relatively close, compared to the PS2/XBox, and the 360 just doesn't really have the kind of 3rd party exclusives support the PS2 did, or all the little Japanese developers, to back it up -- the Wii stole that ball.

Microsoft is desperate because:

The PS3 is outselling the Xbox 360.

A PS3 game is selling far more than any Xbox 360 game.

Sony is making far more profit.

A PS3 game is considered to be a little more technically impressive than a 360 game.

Only half desperate, seeing as they released a statement that theres more goodies to come.

Tease.

badgenome said:
Infinity said:

And the PS3's...

Not a chance, the PS3 is just starting to show off its performance this year. I would be surprised if the new Red Faction even matches Killzone 2.

Infinity said:
badgenome said:
Infinity said:

And the PS3's...

Not a chance, the PS3 is just starting to show off its performance this year. I would be surprised if the new Red Faction even matches Killzone 2.

So you believe the developer when he says they maxed out the 360, but you don't believe the same developer when he says they maxed out the PS3?

Mmmkay.

Anyway, your understanding of what exactly was maxed out by Red Faction: Guerilla seems lacking.

WereKitten said:
Infinity said:

Honestly that Red Faction quote is moot. I can easily "max out" the 360 or the PS3 too... I just have to try to put in more stuff than the memory allows or uselessly tax the CPU.

Hell, I just need an infinite loop or a memory leak :)

Both machines still have alot that can be squeezed out of them, it's just too early in this generation for this not being the truth.

Nope, Red Faction is supposed to be all the performance you can expect to see from 360 using all the software tricks you can to get virtually maximum performance from the tri-core cpu and Xenos GPU.