By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The game developers who've NEVER made a bad game

supermario128 said:
Just made me post with his bump!

What about Nintendo?

Are you serious? Nintendo has made waay more games than this guys and yes they've made bad games. I won't list them though so I don't get crucified.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
Killzowned said:
Guerilla, Naughty Dog, Insomniac.

Shellshock.

Insomniac probably could've been included, though.

It wasn't a 'bad' game, just an average one.

Bethesda anyone??

guerilla=definetly not, first killzone was terrible, as was the psp killzone
naughty dog= probably not, they are good now, but some of their psone games weren't that great, (CTR for example)
Insomniac= a possibility, can't think of bad game they have made.
blizzard=for sure should be on here. They are the poster child for perfect games.

i would also take lionhead off of the original list. Most of their games are overhyped and don't live up to promises, but as I recall, black and white 2 failed not only in sales, but in reviews as well

What about infinity ward and bungie? Bioware would be another good one. I think level 5 is another good one, but I'm not familar enough with them to say for sure.

Killzowned said:
GooseGaws said:
Killzowned said:
Guerilla, Naughty Dog, Insomniac.

Shellshock.

Insomniac probably could've been included, though.

It wasn't a 'bad' game, just an average one.

Splitting hairs.  They also haven't been around for very long, which was one of the qualifiers.  That may also be why Insomniac was excluded, but they have a long enough history, I'd say.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Hard part of achieving this title is you have to make good games right out of the gate and never slip up. even companies that are lucky and talented enough to make a good game their first time will probably slip up given enough time. Only company I can think of that may deserve a mention and didn't receive one yet is the team behind Shin Megami, though if you counted all of Atlus they wouldn't count either.

nojustno said:
Bethesda anyone??

Something tells me you haven't been playing games for very long...

Hates Nomura.

Where is Naughty Dog? Since Crash Bandicoot, they haven't had one game that is bad. However, they did make some other games back in the late 80s and early 90s, but few have played them.

Yeah Bethesda an Insomniac needs to be on this list, all others I agree with form that list though.

Zones said:
Where is Naughty Dog? Since Crash Bandicoot, they haven't had one game that is bad. However, they did make some other games back in the late 80s and early 90s, but few have played them.

The whole point of the article is teams that have been around for an extended period of time and have never made a bad game.  Thus, Naughty Dog is disqualified.

Hates Nomura.