By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one who thinks Red Steel 2 will have a Motion Plus Bundle?

At first I thought no, but after reading your reasons, it doesn't seem too far fetched.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

Yes, you are. I don't think Nintendo would want to do that

Gamerace said:
Well Mike makes a good point. However there's not even a release date for RS2 yet. IF they bundle it'll have to come like Animal Crossing where you can get it with or without the WM+ because a lot of people will have already gotten one or more WM+s for other games (WSR, EA Tennis, Virtual Tennis, Tiger Woods)

If RS2 was releasing at the same time (or prior as in the case of RE:UC in Japan) as Nintendo's pack-in game then maybe but months later - not likely.

We don't have a release date for Wii Sports Resort either. But we can expect them to come out around the same time. And if someone already has an M+ that came with Sports Resort... GREAT! Nintendo wants 4 of these in every home. Especially in the homes of the "Hardcore Gamers". Nintendo isn't trying to launch a new gaming experience like they did with the Balance board; they're trying to improve upon the standard Wii design to lure in developers and customers who find the Wii lacking. Having a high profile hardcore title that only works with the M+ AND ships with it out of the box is the best way to do that.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Your final point I think is off.. They'll have a bundle and stand alone game if anything similar to ExciteBots.

Wii Sports Resort will be released mid year where as RS2 will be a holiday release.

stof said:
Gamerace said:
Well Mike makes a good point. However there's not even a release date for RS2 yet. IF they bundle it'll have to come like Animal Crossing where you can get it with or without the WM+ because a lot of people will have already gotten one or more WM+s for other games (WSR, EA Tennis, Virtual Tennis, Tiger Woods)

If RS2 was releasing at the same time (or prior as in the case of RE:UC in Japan) as Nintendo's pack-in game then maybe but months later - not likely.

We don't have a release date for Wii Sports Resort either. But we can expect them to come out around the same time. And if someone already has an M+ that came with Sports Resort... GREAT! Nintendo wants 4 of these in every home. Especially in the homes of the "Hardcore Gamers". Nintendo isn't trying to launch a new gaming experience like they did with the Balance board; they're trying to improve upon the standard Wii design to lure in developers and customers who find the Wii lacking. Having a high profile hardcore title that only works with the M+ AND ships with it out of the box is the best way to do that.

Although not officially announced it's pretty obvious that WSR will launch in early June or late May.  Why?  Because a bunch of other games that use WM+ debut in late May and June and no one would want to out more than a week or two supporting a peripheral that doesn't exist.   That's also E3's date and Nintendo is sure to be showing off all their WM+ games at E3.

Meanwhile RS2 is almost certainly going to be out Holiday '09 - I say that because it hasn't even been officially announced yet.  There's no screenshots - nada.   So we're looking at a 4-5 months gap between the two.   And the people Red Steel will appeal to are the one most likely to already have multiple WM+s already by then.

Around the Network

Lots of good points in this article. To me it all depends on the six months between Resort and RS2. If Nintendo thinks that penetration is good they won't be very apt to deal with Ubi. On the other hand if they feel that there isn't critical mass for M+ I think they will do anything and everything to change that.

A better question to me is if they will ship M+ with new Wii's. If they want games to be developed for it they pretty much need to. Yes I know Resort will sell amazing, but I'm not sure that is enough.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Gamerace said:

Although not officially announced it's pretty obvious that WSR will launch in early June or late May.  Why?  Because a bunch of other games that use WM+ debut in late May and June and no one would want to out more than a week or two supporting a peripheral that doesn't exist.   That's also E3's date and Nintendo is sure to be showing off all their WM+ games at E3.

Meanwhile RS2 is almost certainly going to be out Holiday '09 - I say that because it hasn't even been officially announced yet.  There's no screenshots - nada.   So we're looking at a 4-5 months gap between the two.   And the people Red Steel will appeal to are the one most likely to already have multiple WM+s already by then.

We'll finally get to see the game this month I think, as there's a magazine coming out with the first sneak peak (what makes it a sneak peak anyways? It's not like they don't have permission), So we're quite close to seeing it. I agree that Nintendo is going to focus on the M+ at E3, and I'm sure we can all agree that Red Steel 2 is going to be one of the games they focus their attention on. The way the mainstream media has taken to Nintendo E3's, that's going to be one pretty sudden and huge boost in the RS2 hype train. It really could come out as soon as one month after that for all we know.

For the notion that those interested in RS2 will already have Motion +, I see two problems with that. First off is the game overlap. Won't the deciding factor on who has motion plus be the games that use it? It comes with Sports Resort, suggesting that the people most likely to have it are those that love Wii Sports, and is also being used in Tiger Woods 10, Virtua Tennis and EA's tennis game. The Casual/sporting - FPS overlap probably isn't the strongest one in the Wii's lineup.  But even if there are lots of people who already bought Wii Sports resort, like I said, Nintendo wants 4 of them in every house. You bought Sports Resort and an extra Motion plus? Get Red Steel 2 and then you'll have 3 of them! Boo-yeah!

I think it will seem like a much better idea to a lot of buyers than buying Sports Resort and 3 additional M+'s. That costs a lot of money that could be better spent on games... that come with M+ bundled!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

No. This would take away sales from Wii Sports Resort and Nintendo wouldn't want that. I do think that Red Steel 2 would be the ideal game to have a Wii Motion + bundled with it, but I don't see it happening.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

stof said:
Gamerace said:

We'll finally get to see the game this month I think, as there's a magazine coming out with the first sneak peak (what makes it a sneak peak anyways? It's not like they don't have permission), So we're quite close to seeing it. I agree that Nintendo is going to focus on the M+ at E3, and I'm sure we can all agree that Red Steel 2 is going to be one of the games they focus their attention on. The way the mainstream media has taken to Nintendo E3's, that's going to be one pretty sudden and huge boost in the RS2 hype train. It really could come out as soon as one month after that for all we know.

For the notion that those interested in RS2 will already have Motion +, I see two problems with that. First off is the game overlap. Won't the deciding factor on who has motion plus be the games that use it? It comes with Sports Resort, suggesting that the people most likely to have it are those that love Wii Sports, and is also being used in Tiger Woods 10, Virtua Tennis and EA's tennis game. The Casual/sporting - FPS overlap probably isn't the strongest one in the Wii's lineup.  But even if there are lots of people who already bought Wii Sports resort, like I said, Nintendo wants 4 of them in every house. You bought Sports Resort and an extra Motion plus? Get Red Steel 2 and then you'll have 3 of them! Boo-yeah!

I think it will seem like a much better idea to a lot of buyers than buying Sports Resort and 3 additional M+'s. That costs a lot of money that could be better spent on games... that come with M+ bundled!

Well you have some good point but I'd wager it's just not going to happen.  In fact I will wager - a $5-6 VC or WW game that Red Steel 2 does not come bundled with WM+.   Uo for it stof?

Nintendo is selfish, they would never bundle something they made with a product of another company

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^