By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kansas wants to ban lighters, LOL!

Where I used to work we were not allowed to sell lighter... or any smoking paraphernalia for that matter... to under 16's

Around the Network
Galaki said:

I wonder if it's illegal to own a flame thrower. How else do them kids light their stuff up?

Now that you're asking...

Hey, I wouldn't trust myself with a lighter either.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Actually, that doesn't sound so bad. Just use matches...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

highwaystar101 said:
Where I used to work we were not allowed to sell lighter... or any smoking paraphernalia for that matter... to under 16's

A lighter is no more smoking paraphenalia than say, your own hand. Lighters have many practical uses, and and lighting cigarettes is only 1 of them.

Regardless, lighters are for casuals. real pyros use matches, or two sticks to light things

Around the Network

I can't figure out the law in new york. I used to smoke cigarettes and sometimes 7-11 would card me for lighters but no other store ever did. Very peculiar.

I have to agree in a sense with this though, when I was 14/15 I used to just sit in the woods and light things on fire with my friends..which probably isn't a good thing for kids to be doing.

My daughter is my world.

xtastemyvenom said:

I can't figure out the law in new york. I used to smoke cigarettes and sometimes 7-11 would card me for lighters but no other store ever did. Very peculiar.

I have to agree in a sense with this though, when I was 14/15 I used to just sit in the woods and light things on fire with my friends..which probably isn't a good thing for kids to be doing.

we set things on fire with Fresnel lenses. lighters were for casuals. There is no point to the law, cause unless they ban matches too, it doesn't do any good, you just shift where the youth get their source of fire. Heck, they can always just open a car and use the cigarette lighter in there.

As for NY law, it must have just been a store decision to card for lighters.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
xtastemyvenom said:

we set things on fire with Fresnel lenses. lighters were for casuals. There is no point to the law, cause unless they ban matches too, it doesn't do any good, you just shift where the youth get their source of fire. Heck, they can always just open a car and use the cigarette lighter in there.

I was assuming they would be banning matches as well otherwise the banning is entirely pointless.  I can't honestly see breaking into a car for a lighter though, though I guess if you're that desperate to burn something..but how much damage could you really do?

My daughter is my world.

xtastemyvenom said:
nordlead said:

I was assuming they would be banning matches as well otherwise the banning is entirely pointless.  I can't honestly see breaking into a car for a lighter though, though I guess if you're that desperate to burn something..but how much damage could you really do?

A lot of teens who smoke are 16,17 and already have cars or friends who have cars. I wasn't suggesting they would break in. Of course, if they were like my friends, they smoked in the garage and they could have used their parents car.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Its a good idea.