By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Big, secret, now-defunct IP's rising from the grave

Official annoucment for Syndicate (if EA revives it as FPS I'll cry :) ) ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

My sig says monkey island, but my heart says Myth!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Wait a second... One of the largest franchises of all time is a PC series that we all thought was dead and gone.

MYST! A realtime graphic adventure with today's tech could do wonders.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

@stof

Myst isn't dead, though. There was recently a DS port released.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Yeah, I looked in to getting that one... I don't think a shoddy DS port of the original really counts towards the series being alive and kicking.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

Just an FYI. Expect major announcements about a few big IPs coming back to the PC world. I'll update when I the announcement comes out soon, but I am under NDA.

Nevertheless, some of the best once-thought-dead IP's are going to see a second life shortly  

Had to share, because it's just too big.

They'll better avoid making it Vista-only, or I could burn Redmond to ashes 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The Lurker said:
That Guy said:
number munchers!

Oh, come on! That was a Mac game! Macs aren't real computers.

Dangerous Dave!
Spit Wad Willy!

Oh my God! It's Llamatron, isn't it? Llamatron's coming back!

Yep, actually they are simply boxes with tiny Asperger dwarves inside (*) that perform calculations and tasks faster than a quad-core

(*) (that devilish Jobs manages to enslave them giving them puzzles in return of their hard work )

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

stof said:
Yeah, I looked in to getting that one... I don't think a shoddy DS port of the original really counts towards the series being alive and kicking.

Definitely not alive and kicking, you're right, but it's not exactly "dead" either. I think "dead/defunct" and I think of a series that hasn't seen any "new" releases at all in years. A port would be considered a new release, even if it's a feeble one.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Gobliins?

Panzer General?