By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGchartz...Hacked?

I have a pretty sweet firewall. Software and hardware, makes it extremely dificult to hack me. Not to mention a wireless connection that shows fake computers accessing it. Good times.

I haven't had a virus since I set this up. :)

Around the Network
kn said:
dgm6780 said:
Leo - that was the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time.

QFT and one of the reasons I would really love to have an ignore filter. The one on N4G works great as I can block out all of the troll posts while browsing the news forum.

Be nice now, kn. leo is no troll. He's a young teenager and therefore less in-the-know.

Seriously guys, try Firefox with AdBlock Plus installed. I haven't caught a single virus from this site or had a single popup.

Kaspersky saved me.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I killed the popups, and a good number of ads on this, and many other sites using the HOSTS file. A great first line defense against some of the more obvious annoyances.

Around the Network

switch to a mac and all your problems will go away

Would switch to Mac, if there would be more games to it. :(

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Punisher said:
Would switch to Mac, if there would be more games to it. :(

Buy a copy of windows with it. Boot Camp is stupid easy to use. Play your Wintendo for games and boot Mac OS for everything else.

Or, if you're feeling a little adventurous (or cheap), do the same thing with your current machine and Linux. Kubuntu is pretty popular nowadays.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

HTTP Quicktime RTSP URI BO

Nice little exploit that tries to fire up when you access the site.

You really need to sort this out.

PSN - hanafuda