By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has The PS3 Already Won The Exclusive Battle?

^In terms of quality, hell ya, but in terms of quantity, probably not.

Although for me quality >>> quantity.

As for an thread, I noticed the TC hasn't responded since he posted this so can we just label this as a troll attempt and just leave at that without trying to start any fanboy wars which I'm guessing was the point of this thread.

Around the Network

There is a logical fallacy in this question. Exclusives battle is not something to be won if you mean "first party exclusives". It's undeniable that Ps3 has more outstanding and a better lineup in first party exclusives, and in this sense they "outdo" or "outmatch" their rivals but when it comes to the number of games (including all first, second and third party titles), they are still and will probably be far behind the other two in the future for various reasons. They also have this weakness of not being able to market their outstanding titles as well as MS or Nintendo.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

frybread said:

Console exclusives rated over 90

PS3: 3

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

Wii: 6 (8 including remakes)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

360: 7

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

Console exclusives do NOT count.

Even if they did, 360 would only have 4 in the list. 5 if you include braid but devs said it's going to PSN fall.

PS3 exclusives: 3 over 90

360 exclusives: 2 over 90. 3 if you included braid but thats going to PC and PSN so that doesn't count.

WII exlusives over 90: 3. Twilight is on GC, rockband 2 is obviously multiplatform  RE4 is multiplatform, leaving 3 over 90 that are exclusive.

YesWiiCan said:
Actually Wii has the best first party.

While I'm not a big fan of the Wii, I'll admit the Wii has better first party games than PS3.

Mirson said:
YesWiiCan said:

While I'm not a big fan of the Wii, I'll admit the Wii has better first party games than PS3.

Wii>PS3>360?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

has the fat lady already sung?

ShadowSoldier said:
Mirson said:
YesWiiCan said:

Wii>PS3>360?

For 1st party, yes.

It is given that Nintendo has the best 1st party games. I guess Sony and MS can argue who gets next (or first in their minds if they still don't think Nintendo counts).