By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could Lost Planet 2 pull a KZ2 and be the X360 Big Shooter in 09?

lost planet was quite bad on the ps33 the graphics were annoying i dont it will have the quality or hype of killzone 2

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Slimebeast said:

Splinter Cell is, according to UbiSoft, but that was some time ago. And Mass Effect2 should be released in Q1 2010 but that was the financial year 2010 for ea, which is late 2009 actually. And Forza3 is pretty much confirmed. You know the guys making the menu said so, turn 10 said something about it, too. Well it is not officially confirmed but it is the worst kept secret in the industry.

But you are right, we finally need a press conference to clear things up. I really want to hear what will happen this year. Sony and MS aren't telling much this year so far.

We don't know if God of War III makes it in 2009, same for GT5. We don't know exactly about Mass Effect or Bioshock. There are far too much question marks to judge a line up at this point. But the list of games I made up there is possible.

Gotit the wrong way round, I'm afraid. EA announced it for their financial Q4 2009, which is actually calendar Q1 2010.

Anyways, on topic: the trailer looks very good, although I think it might be a little early to suggest it'll be on level with the likes of Gears and Killzone. But hey, who knows, it's certainly possible.

megaman2 said:
lost planet was quite bad on the ps33 the graphics were annoying i dont it will have the quality or hype of killzone 2

You forgot the part where the game was crystal clear and good looking on the 360 =/

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
megaman2 said:

You forgot the part where the game was crystal clear and good looking on the 360 =/

Unfortunately, that wasn't enough to make it a good game.

to OP:

No it won't, Bioshock, Halo and COD MW2 will be plenty.

Comparable to Killzone 2 graphics wise? that was a joke right? and simple answer No...part one was not so amazing to me

Around the Network

Of course it can. Killzone was thought by many to be a very mediocre game and Killzone 2 came around and is thought by many to be a top notch title.

Who is to say Lost Planet can not do the same? Once again, of course it can.

I am referring to game quality by the way, I could care less about the sales.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Heh the biggest shooter for the 360 this will be Modern Warfare 2 hands down. It will melt the sales of every shooter out this year by a long, long shot.

BxN said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
megaman2 said:

Unfortunately, that wasn't enough to make it a good game.

to OP:

No it won't, Bioshock, Halo and COD MW2 will be plenty.

Sore much? 

LP was great fun, besides the boring snow and ice all over the place.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

CGI-Quality said:
@ Euphoria

An excellent post indeed! Anyone can improve on any franchise, and Lost Planet was not all that bad to begin with. :)

Thanks CGI.

Off to play some KZ2. Damn bro, Veteran is hard. I have been getting my ass handed to me on only the 4th chapter.

I haven't played the first LP either so I couldn't really comment on it's quality, but from what I heard it really wasn't a bad game. It is just that for some reason when people see something like a 79 on Meta they instantly think it is crap, when that is so untrue. One of my all time favorites has a 67 on Gamerankings.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

it will do 3-4 million but i think halo odst will do more and cod 6 will do 8 million...