By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could Lost Planet 2 pull a KZ2 and be the X360 Big Shooter in 09?

Skeeuk said:
@bitmap........whats vf5 got to do anything? did sega make official announcment that all of thier major titles wil be multiplat, then choose exclusive route? i believe capcom may release on 360 1st with lp2 then ps3 later. imo it will be thier loss i hope thy dont but nobody knows yet..........it just seems a strange choice looking at dmc4 and sf4 sales and if ps3 version of res5 does well which im sure it will.......lp2 timed eclusive will look even more strange

What? Capcom didn't say *everything* they'd do would be insta multiplat. If you care how much, how come you aren't raging all over no SF4 for Wii? Or no Zack & Wiki for ps3? Etc...

Yeah, you explained it... 

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

worst thread ever

nojustno said:
worst thread ever

Hehehe...seems you don`t get MS...thay are paying for a timed exclusive for start,and try to recouperate the money from software sales. At the same time,they will try to release Lost Planet 2 in the same month of a big ps3 exclusive to keep everyone happy.

Now...the game looks and plays good (4 player co-op,more Live subscriptions) so will sell good. The forst one sold 1,8 mil with 1/2 userbase and the game was so-so. Let`s double the userbase,make the game great and we have about 4 mil in sales...easy money for MS.

Now...the timed-exclusive period is up...what to do... Well,pay for full exclusive rights and recouperate the money from sales (plus keep the game forever exclusive to 360) or just let the game go. If the game will still be great and sell,MS will pay. If the game is dead in sales,MS will be focusig on another game,and everyone will just not care about Lost Planet 2 going to ps3.

If the game comes to ps3,then the sales will have to cover the ps3 porting cost (an extra cost is porting the game at a good quality),then the ps3 sales will make profit for Capcom. But what happens if the game sells bad? Like Bioshock? The porting costs are not going to go away and the price can`t be lowered because the profit is not reached. Interesting...

Keep in mind that Bioshock was a AAA game and MS have the best lawyer team in the...universe...they are MS,a software company...they must have to keep them #1 in the market.

lol at people pretending lost planet is good. killing bugs?no thanks

Lost Planet will be a great game 80%-92%... but it won't pull a KZ2

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
lol at people pretending lost planet is good. killing bugs?no thanks

29 years later Pacman is still alive, and it's a game about eating dots and fruits. 

Lawl.

Next troll please =/

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

toastboy44562 said:
wholikeswood said:
toastboy44562 said:
it will do 3-4 million but i think halo odst will do more and cod 6 will do 8 million...

The first one did 1.85 million.

Really can't see its sequel surpassing 3, let alone hitting 4...

userbase is more than twice as big and this game appears to be much better...

Double the userbase does not translate to double the sales.

We've seen very little of this, so let's not start passing judgement on quality just yet.

With plenty of other big titles out there, I feel similarly to the person that said LP2 might struggle to find a place for itself amongst the nest of great games available on 360.

wholikeswood said:
toastboy44562 said:
wholikeswood said:
toastboy44562 said:
it will do 3-4 million but i think halo odst will do more and cod 6 will do 8 million...

We've seen very little of this, so let's not start passing judgement on quality just yet.

With plenty of other big titles out there, I feel similarly to the person that said LP2 might struggle to find a place for itself amongst the nest of great games available on 360.

LP did 1.85 million releasing (in the west) a couple months after Gears 1... but yeah, the market is more saturated now - double the userbase does not translate to double the sales.

wholikeswood said:
toastboy44562 said:
wholikeswood said:
toastboy44562 said:

Userbase will factor in. LP released to a userbase of 8 million. LP2 will be .. 32M> more than 4 times. Not double.

Remember shooters don't have to be exclusive to sell well on the "shooterbox"

it's my most anticipated game this year...i can't wait, but i'm not sure if it's as popular as killzone

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^