By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Got a free Wii!!!!

t3mporary_126 said:

Why don't you give it to someone you care about that wants it?

It'll make you and that person happy, or it should.

I would, but the they already have one, got it last year.

So now I'm stuck with this machine I don't want, but can sell or trade in to get games I do want, the problem is I want to get the maximum out of it cuz it's brand new and never been opened, this is were my problem is.

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
supermario128 said:
So you don't like Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, etc?

I could never get into mario or zelda, but i do like SSBB and Mario kart, but I've played those to on a friends wii and to be frank I like the Mario kart double dash on my gamecube allot more, and for SSBB, it just feels like SSBM with a bigger roaster so again I'll just stick to my SSBM on my gamecube.

Sell your GC and keep the Wii, it plays GC games...

the thing is I'll get more money or trade in value for the brand new wii than I would for my used gamecube.

exnoctem said:
WTF kind of video gamer needs to be convinced to keep a free console?? i mean seriously!?!?

Every console in history has games worth playing, even the virtual boy and wonderswan. I dont mean to sound argumentative, but i think its funny that someone would care about videogames to the point to join a website like this but still be closed minded enough to ignore a current consoles entire library.

I'm not asking to be convinced to keep it, if you had read my opening post, then you would know that I'm asking for suggestions on where I could sell it or trade it in.

Barozi said:
Give it to MEEEE

lol, um no, I want to get some money out of it, or at least some free PS3 games, so unless you can give me what I want then you ain't touching it XD

JUST BUY MADWORLD, after that you maybe think it better. If not, I accept a second one.

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
you got it for free, give it to someone that likes it, for free!!

How about no, nothing in this world comes for free, and although I say I got this wii for free, I most likely paid for it through a tv markup, although I did get my tv for way cheaper than it was selling for, either way I want something for it, weather it be games or money I don't care.

sell it round xmas time.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Do you like fun?

You can use it for a couple months, rent some games, play them, and then STILL sell it for $250 or more on eBay.

If you like fun.

Of course I like fun, that's why I have my PS3.

I just happen to get the wii as a free bonus thing for buying my tv, but have no interest in it at all.

Hmmm, now is that $250 Australian?

What I'm saying is the "still in the box!" factor doesn't matter with the Wii.  You can use it for years, shit all over it, and it will still make you lots of money.

So... never using it once is pretty nuts.

I meant 250 US dollars.

If I got a free console of any kind from any generation, I would open it, try tons of games, and only then would I make a decision on whether to keep it or sell it.

hmmm, If I could get like 250 US for it than that would be sweet, but down here it sells for like 400 Australian, so perhaps I can get something like 300 bucks, well if someone is willing, I just have to find that person XD

Well the thing is I've already tried a couple of games on one of my friends house, and while I find some games ok, I just don't think in my opinion those games are worth buying....there's also the fact that I've never been into Nintendo games, don't get me wrong I've played them but they've never drew me in like other games have...it's just my personal tast that's all.

kabhold said:
One_touch_KO said:
Wait for christmas and sell it 3 times over the original pricetag dude...

This is wrong.

Even last christmas it didn't sell for much on ebay (about 300 including S&H).  Don't wait, get the money now.

EDIT- just checked ebay, it's selling below market value at the moment. you will get around 230- S&H, paypal fees, ebay fees.  I'd guess 100-210 USD.

even if I could get 210 US that would be sweet.

sparkit34 said:
Get Madworld, play it, then sell the Wii for full price.

Mad world has a somewhat interesting premise, but the fact that it's in black and white puts me off, yeah I know the blood is red, but I have to say that I don't like the art style, in anycase I'm sure one of my friends will get it or at least rent it, then I'll give it ago....as for selling at full price after playing with it, I could have done it a year and half ago and got away with it but right now I don't think it's possible anymore, not unless a sudden hardware shortage appears again, but I ain't gonna gamble for it to happen