By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your favorite beer?

Free!!

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Beer IS A DRUG

My teachers tell me it all the time. 

They sure as hell aren´t teaching you any grammer.

JK, sorry that was a bit harsh, just my evil humor, I´m no wiz at enghlish eather (I google every second word I write), your teachers probably only want the best for you but IMO it´s better to teach responsibility and to show that things aren´t always only good or bad, life is complicated and there is no easy way around it.

The one and only: Rothaus Tannenzaepfle

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Shambolic said:
And how many under 18 year olds haven't already got drunk or tried beer?

In high school I thought getting drunk was the dumbest thing possible.  Why would you want to go out every weekend and get yourself sick?  I'll have real fun and play M:tG with my friends!

A week before college my older brother (who's four years older and looks exactly like me) offered to "lose" his ID for $25 (cost of a new ID) and give it to me so I would have the perfect fake ID but I declined since I thought I was going to be a good little freshman and not drink so I would have time sudy.  A week later I was begging my brother for his ID but he wouldn't give it to me. That jerk.

I saw this discovery show report in High School about this troop of African monkeys that knew about what time of the year to go pick up the fruits that fell from a particular kind of tree....these fruits were about the size of grapefruits pretty big, and they must have been standing on the ground for a while because these monkey would eat them, and get drunk from it. They would do cartwheels down a hill and generally act even sillier than monkeys normally would act. It even showed one of the monkeys holding its head the next day, I guess the beast had a hangover lol

concerning the argument that developed over whether alchohol is wrong or not, i've noticed two different kinds of thought on this. The americans don't want their minors to drink at all. We have a lot of this "dont drink" kind of direction from schools and so forth. On the other hand in Europe, alchohol isn't seen as such a bad thing for minors. I would guess that in america people binge drink a lot more, and having some 16 year old binge drink b/c it was her first time to try something alchoholic could be a bad thing, but over in Europe binge drinking doesn't seem to be as big of a thing as it is in America. Alchohol is just something that people do, not just adults so they don't have as big of a problem with minors trying to "over-prove" their adulthood or whatever.

Around the Network

Ah but think of all that extra studying you got done twesterm. It does suck that you can't drink until you're 21 in much of the US, especially when you're at college, it's the most sensible time of your life to get drunk, no job or responsibilities.

I personally think everyone should learn how to handle drink at home, I see aload of students where I live who get wasted for the first time in freshers week and can't handle it.

That was pretty mean of your brother, you should have offered him more money.

dallas said:

concerning the argument that developed over whether alchohol is wrong or not, i've noticed two different kinds of thought on this. The americans don't want their minors to drink at all. We have a lot of this "dont drink" kind of direction from schools and so forth. On the other hand in Europe, alchohol isn't seen as such a bad thing for minors. I would guess that in america people binge drink a lot more, and having some 16 year old binge drink b/c it was her first time to try something alchoholic could be a bad thing, but over in Europe binge drinking doesn't seem to be as big of a thing as it is in America. Alchohol is just something that people do, not just adults so they don't have as big of a problem with minors trying to "over-prove" their adulthood or whatever.

It's all Prohibition's fault.  If there wasn't such a stigma about alcohol in the US, kids wouldn't be tempted to go out and binge drink.  If teachers and parents taught kids to be responsible instead of "just don't do it", kids would drink responsibly when they're 16 instead of irresponsibly when they get to college.

At my college they advertise all over the place that "46% of students limit themselves to 1 or 2 drinks, or don't drink at all."  You know what that means?  54% of students drink three or more drinks.  You don't turn 21 until your senior year, and there are a lot fewer seniors than freshman because people drop out.  You do the math...

I prefer Miller, mostly because I'm in college and it's cheap haha.

Miller Lite

cascade premium