By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you like Europe to become a "real country": United States of Europe.

No. Europe is a continent consisting of people of many different cultures, who speak different languages.

Around the Network
numonex said:
No. Europe is a continent consisting of people of many different cultures, who speak different languages.

So?

SamuelRSmith said:
numonex said:

So?

urrrrr AMERICA is a continent consisting of people of many different cultures, who speak different languages.

Europe is too divided culturally and politically.

The EU should have a united European nation as a long term goal but it shouldn't be forced upon the people. The process should take another 40-50 years.

scottie said:
Also, Switzerland would become the first ever 'island' country, surrounded on all sides by a single country

San Marino and Lesotho are that already.

On the subject, no. Too divided, socially, politically and culturally.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Tremble said:
So religion = food?

You know that what you're saying is stupid ...

Indeed.  What someone eats doesn't hurt anybody else.

What someone believes doesn't hurt anybody else.

How does... someone wearing a cross or headscarf in a government building effect someone.  Tell me.

(Also if you saw the way meat was prepaired... well factory farming is actually pretty brutal... and actually when you consider the effects of it on the enviroment... eating meat is actually way more harmful then wearing a head scarf.)

Before the law their were a lot of accidents.  "I don't want that a Jewish/Christian person helps me"

Those accidents created a political party in Belgium called the Arabian European Liga who demanded:

- That every organization of the state have atleast one muslim person who can help other muslim residents.

- That schools only serve halal food.

- That their must come an end to Israël (at all costs).

Lucky they are not big (yet) but I am holding my heart when they get chosen.

I love the EU system.

But Europe as a country? A single state?
NO. Just no.

You joking? many european countries still have independentist movements attempting to split a chunk of them. There's spaniards who still don't want to be spanish. There's people from the UK who still don't want to belong to it. Belgium? half the country wants to split from the other half.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).