By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you like Europe to become a "real country": United States of Europe.

Globalization is going to be the death of cultures. Europe is just fine being separate. The U.S.'s power is waning anyway.

Around the Network
Tremble said:
sure ...

Tell you what.

How would you feel if there was a law that said all cafeterias in state buildings can't have meat in them, because some people are vegetarians?

In fact nobody who works for the government can eat meat.  At all.

Because it will offend vegetarians.

Reasonable?

Because it's the same thing as the religious ban.

You are advocating the persecution of something just because you don't like it.

If you can't see why that makes you look like "the bad guy" I don't know what to say.

However I live in a country where Black people will defend the rights of white people to say things about the black people that are insulting.

That's what it's all about.  Not protecting those who you agree with.  But protecting EVERYONE from persecution.

So religion = food?

You know that what you're saying is stupid ...

Tremble said:
So religion = food?

You know that what you're saying is stupid ...

Indeed.  What someone eats doesn't hurt anybody else.

What someone believes doesn't hurt anybody else.

How does... someone wearing a cross or headscarf in a government building effect someone.  Tell me.

(Also if you saw the way meat was prepaired... well factory farming is actually pretty brutal... and actually when you consider the effects of it on the enviroment... eating meat is actually way more harmful then wearing a head scarf.)

Eehhh yeah it does. For instance, I don't like to see women wearing scarves, I think it's a sign of domination and I strongly believe that women = men in everything.

Around the Network
Tremble said:
Eehhh yeah it does. For instance, I don't like to see women wearing scarves, I think it's a sign of domination and I strongly believe that women = men in everything.

And this effects you.... how again?

A slight dislike on your part?  Really?  Cause i can name off a dozen pet peeves of mine that should be eliminated via law if that's your definition of what's needed.

I can also name dozens of more harmful effects on society as a whole from eating meat.

For examlple.   Meat production is one of the largest contributors to man-made greenhouse gasses.

Tremble is annoyed vs global warming.

Seems like meat is winning this out in "most dangerous".

Furthermore. By hiding the scarves you are not changing any underlying behavior or opinion. You are simply hiding it.

You are hiding the problem you have and doing nothing to address it.  So you don't really care about this.  You just don't want to be bothered by it.  Let it go on in the back alleys.  Just as long as i don't have to see it.

That "Christian President" in the US would be just as "Christian" a prime minister. He just wouldn't be wearing a cross or talking about god.

His decision making would however be exactly the same.

It's not like taking off someones cross suddenly changes their entire personality.

Instead of trying to change what you don't like.  You want to hide it and hope it goes away.

Tremble said:

If I didn't know better I'd think you were losing this argument on purpose.  I'm sure that seeing people eat meat is disgusting to vegetarians and reminds them of the often brutal killing and mutilation of animals that produced that meal that some jackass is chewing with his mouth open. 

Also, men have a natural advantage in pissing contests. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

^ You can't practise your religion in public? Because that's what Tremble said.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Kasz216,

Don't worry, it's not like that in the rest of Europe, where you are free to wear religious symbols everywhere, whether it's in public or private.

Religious freedom is drastically restricted like that only in Belgium and it's master country France.