By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you like Europe to become a "real country": United States of Europe.

by the way what language would the army speak?

If turkey joins the EU one of the eight soldiers will be Turkish!

Around the Network

sure...we need another soviet union to hate on.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

English, they already have to speak english when they work together abroad.

scottie said:
The question isn't specific enough - if I believed that someone had worked out a fair system of a government for all countries, and that all countries would maintain their own culture, rather than becoming some homogeneous blob, then yes

Also, Switzerland would become the first ever 'island' country, surrounded on all sides by a single country

I agree, USE would be a crap name, EU sounds much better

Lesotho is completly surrounded by south africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesotho

MrBubbles said:
sure...we need another soviet union to hate on.

You can't compare it with the EU.  In the Soviet Union countries were forced to join it (while you cleary don't have to join the EU, Switzerland/Norway as an example).  Their is an parlement who is chosen by the residents of the countries.

The speech of the Czech president was the ultimate proof that the EU is not the Soviet Unioun.   In the Soviet Union speeches like that would not be allowed.

Around the Network
skip said:
scottie said:
The question isn't specific enough - if I believed that someone had worked out a fair system of a government for all countries, and that all countries would maintain their own culture, rather than becoming some homogeneous blob, then yes

Also, Switzerland would become the first ever 'island' country, surrounded on all sides by a single country

I agree, USE would be a crap name, EU sounds much better

Lesotho is completly surrounded by south africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesotho

The Vatican and San Marino would also like to say hi. ^^

what? the leader of the soviet union wasnt allowed to say he was the leader of the soviet union?

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
what? the leader of the soviet union wasnt allowed to say he was the leader of the soviet union?

Did he said he was the leader of the EU?  The only thing I heard was that he said the Eu is forcing countries to join while his own Czech government went voluntary to the EU HQ to join the EU;

isnt he the current president of the EU? i thought that was what the article said...

No way he did say that??? The assh****. New members are very boring, they always have something to complain about. They knew what the EU is and how it works, it that didn't suit them, why joining they eu???