By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else here think that Final Fantasy VI is the greatest game ever made

Well, as the topic says; are there?

Around the Network

not i.... sorry.... for its time maybie....

Nope. Nothing special imo to be honest.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

antfromtashkent said:
not i.... sorry.... for its time maybie....

No need to be sorry. This is a personal opinion. Of course the game is fantastic. No one should be arguing there.

You missed one I when talking about the best FF game.

6 was pretty good for its time but really hasn't aged too well. Xenogears, FFVII, Vagrant Story and other games from the peak of the JRPG era (the PS1) are all way ahead of FFVI for best JRPG ever much less best game ever.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Around the Network

Nope, no doubt it's an excellent game, but I can name some JRPGs that I found to be better (Suikoden 2, 3 and 5, Persona 3 and 4, Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X)

But there's no doubt that FF6 is a great game that deserves to be played by everyone

No it's the second best RPG so far.

Right behind Xenogears.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Quite possibly. It's one of the few games I'm always in the mood to play yet again.

MGS and Ocarine of time are the joint best games ever!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Final Fantasy is definitely a good game and is the peak in quality for the Final Fantasy series. However, Squaresoft's other releases in the SNES era may have beaten it. Specifically Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger.

Also, many people consider Super Metroid to be the best all-around game for the SNES era.