By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thank you Sony for not ruining the PS4!

Wait wait wait wait wait.

"Innovation has been primarily driven by graphics"?

Are you trying to imply that the biggest innovation of the past fifteen years, which was the movement into three dimensional gameplay, was driven by graphics?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I think Rpruett is having "my opinion is right and yours is wrong" syndrome.

Not that I necessarily agree with Khuutra, though. But you're doing what many others have done.

Not in the slightest.  I'm just looking for a shred of evidence to prove his point.  I've offered up my evidence (Which I believe is clearly obvious).  He has yet to offer anything up.

Again,  opinions are certainly funny like that.  (You technically can't be wrong if you enclose yourself in a bubble and keep telling yourself something).   Although,  in the civilized world (Where we can come to a consensus) a vast majority of people and sources would come to the conclusion (And very easily) that PS2 obviously had a better, quality-filled, more robust software lineup than the Wii has (Even through their first 27 months). 

I could sit here and say that Goldeneye 64 has better graphics than Crysis.  Ofcourse, that is my opinion and I'm not wrong though...Right?   There is the difference between forming logical, reasonable opinions and just holding an opinion because of a stubborn loyalty to something.

I doubt there will be a PS4.

Where is Sony going to get the money for R&D and production of a high spec console? They lost massive amounts of money and market share with the ps3 and they are going to repeat this again? I dont think so.

If they do try this route for the ps4, the chances are M$ will just out do them and if they try and emulate the Wii, Nintendo will out do them.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Soriku said:
Enjoy second/third place again, Sony.

If MS also do this I'm going to facepalm like 10 times. If they do, it would basically become a recreation of this gen where Sony and MS just claw at each other while Nintendo just sits there with the cash rolling. At least this time, the Wii 2 should get support from the beginning due to the Wii being the winner of this gen and al.

This ^. It's this kindof mentality that put Sony from the top to where they are right now. The only reason PS3 has as many good games as it does is because devs were betting on MS and Sony's way to win. If Sony and MS try and pull the same thing next gen by going all out on everything, third party will go shits.

Khuutra said:

Are you trying to imply that the biggest innovation of the past fifteen years, which was the movement into three dimensional gameplay, was driven by graphics?

Yes. The progression of graphics, moved onward to the 3d model from the original 2d model.

Around the Network

Oh goody.

Excuse me, I'm going to make a real post, give me a few minutes.

Soriku said:

And next gen, the Wii 2 will be HD, it will still be the cheapest console to develop for, and since the Wii will win this gen that means the Wii 2 will have big support from the get-go. So the Wii 2 will have both those core titles you seem to hate the Wii for not having and also the casual games you don't like. And it will still be innovative. And for devs that are not yet HD ready they can still develop for the Wii until they are.

Will the Wii have big support from the get-go?   Name me the last Nintendo console to have "big" support?  Go ahead.  Nintendo has been notorious for not having big support since the SNES days. 

The market will be entirely different by the time the next generation begins.  Most people will be HD ready by the time the next generation begins. Microsoft/Sony already have a significant jump start on that.  As well as a significantly cheaper financial investment moving forward.

As long as the Wii 2 is graphically a red-headed step child to whatever product Microsoft/Sony come out with it will not receive this big support that you speak of.  Especially if shovelware continues to sell well.   What is almost always over looked is the fact that as long as Microsoft/Sony are in a competition most publishers will spend a majority of their time and effort on their consoles. (As together they make up for over 50% of the current market).  Sure Nintendo will release their series of predictable yet good games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid) but they again will miss out on many of the very good games.

Thank god.

PS is the Ferrari of the console industry, not a joke fiat!!!

Soriku said:
Rpruett said:
Soriku said:
I think Rpruett is having "my opinion is right and yours is wrong" syndrome.

Not that I necessarily agree with Khuutra, though. But you're doing what many others have done.

Not in the slightest.  I'm just looking for a shred of evidence to prove his point.  I've offered up my evidence (Which I believe is clearly obvious).  He has yet to offer anything up.

Again,  opinions are certainly funny like that.  (You technically can't be wrong if you enclose yourself in a bubble and keep telling yourself something).   Although,  in the civilized world (Where we can come to a consensus) a vast majority of people and sources would come to the conclusion (And very easily) that PS2 obviously had a better, quality-filled, more robust software lineup than the Wii has (Even through their first 27 months). 

I could sit here and say that Goldeneye 64 has better graphics than Crysis.  Ofcourse, that is my opinion and I'm not wrong though...Right?   There is the difference between forming logical, reasonable opinions and just holding an opinion because of a stubborn loyalty to something.

That doesn't make sense.

Crysis having better graphics than Goldeneye isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Go tell me how many people can actually deny that. On the other hand ome people DO think the Wii has a better library of games than the PS2 and also vice versa. That's opinion.

It's certainly not fact.  Or is there some quantifiable measure of graphics?   Obviously,  most objective, rational people would agree that Crysis in fact has better graphics than Goldeneye. 

They both are opinions and both are completely stupid ones.

Soriku said:
Rpruett said:
Khuutra said:

Yes. The progression of graphics, moved onward to the 3d model from the original 2d model.

That's one of many innovations that's happened in 15 years. What you're saying is that the jump from 2D to 3D is the only innovation...at least that's what I'm getting. And that's wrong.

I can't think of a bigger one.  Can you?